Please update the Members Families List with your data if it is missing

Avraham

Nov 15, 2021, 5:26:21 AM11/15/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
The following is a copy of the Members Families List from 2017, the latest I have (taken from Vladimir Sinayuk's backup) before losing my data 1 or 2 years ago.

There were new members joining recently, so it would be great if they could fill in with their data.

Thanks,
Avraham

Serge Gurvil

Nov 15, 2021, 7:32:45 AM11/15/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avraham,

Than you so much for the initiative and your ceaseless efforts.
I have been adding my grandparents family names (GOURVITZ Slioma & PRESSEL Mariam) creating
a new line 54 in the Xcel sheet.

I found my grandfather name quoted in the 1924-1925 romanian directory (Anuarul "Socec")
and also in the Secureni jews with romanian citizenship 1918,1924;1940
Gurvitz  Slioma and Mariem + Ghiteli, Iosif, Feiga and Ita (my father and aunts who moved to France)
but amazingly my uncles names - Smuel born in 1895 and Sheftel born in 1898 (who moved to Brazil
in 1920) - are not mentioned in the list.
The Pressel (Ghers, Enea, Sura and Ester) listed in the same Xcel sheet were my grandmother's
relatives (nephews/nieces) who moved to Israel.

Unfortunately they are not mentioned anywhere else in the Yizkor Books or in any documents available
on the sites.
Besides their names are not quoted either in the Yad Vashem when we believe (based on my father's
and uncle Smuel who remained in Chernovtsi for some time after WWII) that they have been slaughtered
by the Einsatzgruppen. I could not either find hints of them in the yahadinunum.org (and Paris archives)

All the best and keep healthy please.

Serge

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_suQd7%2By7GYgp2zmzQ%3D0%2B6FE5ZeHR%3DwwcbxxphB4wfRHQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Vlad Sinayuk

Nov 15, 2021, 10:51:05 AM11/15/21
to Sokiryany-Jewish-Roots
Dear Serge,

Since they are listed in the Yad Vashem database, here is the link to add them:  Yad Vashem Page of Testimony Online Form

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad Sinayuk | Mobile: 917.885.7341 | Email:  vsin...@gmail.com LinkedInhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/vladsinayuk

Serge Gurvil

Nov 18, 2021, 4:41:01 AM11/18/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vlad,

Thank you for your message and the Yad Vashem related web link. However,
I wrote that I could not find my grandparents names in the database, did you ?
Best regards

Serge

Vlad Sinayuk

Nov 18, 2021, 10:37:55 AM11/18/21
to Sokiryany-Jewish-Roots
Hi Serge (and all),

To clarify, I sent you the link so that you can add Pages of Testimony into their database. This is a vitally important global effect so as to memorialize them in the "Hall of Names." I did so for my great grandparents about 15 years ago, and it is incumbent upon all of us to preserve our ancestors memories in this way so they are not lost to history.

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad Sinayuk | Mobile: 917.885.7341 | Email:  vsin...@gmail.com LinkedInhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/vladsinayuk

Serge Gurvil

Nov 18, 2021, 12:24:01 PM11/18/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your explanation dear Vlad, clear.
This is making me move one step beyond in paying a tribute
in remembrance of their sacrifice.

All the best

Serge