Chernivsti archives research: Last Call for contributions

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 7:09:50 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
We are making progress and are almost all set to pursue a new Chernivsti's archive research round (the first in more than a long 10-or-so years hiatus)

  • Birth, marriage and death records about the community

  • Secureni population registration books

  • List of Holocaust victims

- This will cost us U$ 150
- We need to determine the payment method. I would go with PayPal, unless you think we should not.

8 people took part in the online survey to inquire how many members would be willing to share the expenses. If you missed the opportunity but also want to contribute, this is the last call.
Currently, the average cost for each of the 8 members who replied is 150/8 = 25.5
The more people can contribute, the lesser the burden on each one.
If you decide to contribute, please reply to this message or to me privately if you prefer.

Thank you
Avraham.

mschn...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2021, 7:13:45 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Avraham

I would be happy to contribute to this effort.

I have one point of clarification--- would I need to provide the names of family members to be researched?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Miriam Schneidman

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_uyjnSH8hDhcXNC-SWc_vKhcDQz25QUTB8BaLhbmuGLaA%40mail.gmail.com.

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 7:27:13 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Miriam, thank you.
Currently not, since the objective is to put our hands in "general" archive documents that relate to Secureni jews.
I will ask, though, for him to compile, at the end of his visit - a new version of the list of everything he found - and compare with what we have - to see if we have figured out new documents as well.
Eventually we will start a round consisting of a group of family names of a group of members and see what our researcher can find.

Avraham

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 7:31:26 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
We now have 10 contributors, lowering the costs for each to 15 $

Ana Friedlander

Vlad Sinayuk

Nov 23, 2021, 8:36:55 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I’m in as well. Can you ask if possible to pay additionally to scan birth / marriage / death records for specific individuals? Perhaps that can be a follow up visit to the archives but I’d be ok to pay some kind of retainer so that he does that soon.

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad Sinayuk | Voice: 212.470.8456 | Email:  vsin...@gmail.com LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vladsinayuk

Sent from my iPad

ariel kotzer

Nov 23, 2021, 10:08:25 AM11/23/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
count me in too

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 11:03:50 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
We have reached 15 donors, leaving the original 150 split to 10 each.
I will write get back to our researcher tomorrow, and give him the green light stating the payment will be done via PayPal.
Feel free to join the funding till tomorrow, I will keep track of the list.

Avraham

Mitchell C. Sklar

Nov 23, 2021, 11:06:49 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Sorry if I missed this. Yes, I absolutely want to participate and contribute. Please let me know my next steps. Thank you.

Mitchell C. Sklar
sent from my mobile device

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

Flavio Baran

Nov 23, 2021, 11:26:09 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I think I missed part of the discussion. Which time period is covered by these records?

Flavio

Dor Ziv

Nov 23, 2021, 11:29:50 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Me too.
I just need to check with the lists and make sure my family is in there.

Dor ziv

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

Tomer Drori

Nov 23, 2021, 11:30:03 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I would like to contribute as well if it is not too late or for the accumulation of the cost for second round
Thanks
Tomer

Nair Reg Mizrahy

Nov 23, 2021, 11:54:54 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avraham
I want to take part of this research.
How can I do?

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

Nair Reg Mizrahy

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 12:13:05 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
The total contributors for this round is now 17, making the individual cost less than 10 dollars for each.
Flavio Baran - We have no idea of the time span of any of the documents in the archive - except when the time span is explicit in the title itself - which is not the case for the 3 docs for this round.

Flavio/Dor, should I include you in this funding round ?

Flavio Baran

Nov 23, 2021, 12:16:43 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Avraham, please include me in this round.

Flavio

Nair Reg Mizrahy

Nov 23, 2021, 12:22:24 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

Arthur Gershowitz

Nov 23, 2021, 1:57:29 PM11/23/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
I would also like to contribute.
Art Gershowitz

ABRAMOVICH, Roberto-EXT

Nov 23, 2021, 2:24:56 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

I am ok too to contribute with 10 usd too

Roberto Abramovich

ABRAMOVICH, Roberto-EXT

Nov 23, 2021, 2:34:44 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

One way it can be done quite Simply is to create a virtual event   and use one platform to manage ( see list below). There are Always some fees, but Nothing majots and everyone can buy a « ticket » of 10 USD, using their own preferred payment choice and you can control like you were issuing tickets.

Maybe we could actually make this virtual toast or Kadish.

Eventbrite.com

Leetchi.com - group gifting & personal fundraising website!

Eventbrite - Discover Great Events or Create Your Own & Sell Tickets

Create a GoFundMe

Roberto Abramovich

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

sam...@netzero.net

Nov 23, 2021, 5:01:25 PM11/23/21

Em ter., 23 de nov. de 2021 às 09:31, Avraham <avre...@gmail.com> escreveu:
We now have 10 contributors, lowering the costs for each to 15 $

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/ddfd59d2-a630-4f79-bf30-2db5726c691dn%40googlegroups.com.

mschechtman

Nov 23, 2021, 6:45:26 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

        I would like to participate too.
             Kind regards,
                  Marcos Schechtman

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/b062b764-120b-4aae-a06a-7a0f849b2ae2n%40googlegroups.com.

Avner Parnes

Kim Hershorn

Nov 25, 2021, 3:50:29 AM11/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

Sonia Schechtman Sette

Jonah Belser

Dec 3, 2021, 12:07:04 PM12/3/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
I have also added my name. I would be happy to contribute to this valuable effort.

Mitchell C. Sklar

Dec 3, 2021, 3:11:38 PM12/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I've agreed to participate previously - are there instructions yet to actually send the contribution?

--
Mitchell C. Sklar

Kim Hershorn

Dec 7, 2021, 8:15:53 AM12/7/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, what is going on with this? Do we send names and info? How is it going to work? Thanks, Kim

Mitchell C. Sklar

Dec 11, 2021, 1:38:57 PM12/11/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com, Avraham Y. Kahana
Hello Avraham - looking to follow up on this project. How do I go about making the contribution?
Mitchell C. Sklar

sam...@netzero.net

Dec 11, 2021, 3:11:55 PM12/11/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

sam...@netzero.net

Dec 12, 2021, 4:02:37 PM12/12/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

So,where do I suppose to send money??????

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454

Jorge Bastos Furman

Jan 7, 2022, 8:40:03 AM1/7/22
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Avraham,

I want to participate and contribute to this project.
Thanks!

Jorge Bastos Furman

Flavio Bitelman

Jun 29, 2022, 2:35:15 PM6/29/22
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Please don’t forget to share LivingStones event on Sunday at 1 pm. Please share the link to the registration with everyone you know. I’m sure not everyone saw Mamaliga Blues. And the ticket is a donation to translate the graves at the Yedinitz cemetery, a Livingstones project. Thanks so much for your support. Kisses
https://forms.gle/PX2SiHCawLX1uHAx5

Flavio Bitelman

Jun 29, 2022, 2:36:55 PM6/29/22
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Sunday July 3rd  7pm zurich time
8 pm chisinau time
1 pm miami time
2 pm Rio time

Roberto Abramovich

Jun 30, 2022, 4:24:08 AM6/30/22
to 'Serge Gurvil' via Sokiryany Jewish Roots