Sokyryany this Sunday

Kim Hershorn

Sep 3, 2021, 1:46:30 PM9/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys! I finally made it to Ukraine. I will be in Sokyryany on Sunday. I am not sure what I'm looking for but I know the cemetery is still there. Any suggestions or requests? Even prayer requests. With love to you all and to our ancestors, Kim

Allan Harris

Sep 3, 2021, 2:37:13 PM9/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Always interested if you should find anyone with the last name Doctor. A long shot would be someone named Rosenblitt.
Thanks
Allan

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021, 1:46 PM Kim Hershorn <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys! I finally made it to Ukraine. I will be in Sokyryany on Sunday. I am not sure what I'm looking for but I know the cemetery is still there. Any suggestions or requests? Even prayer requests. With love to you all and to our ancestors, Kim

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CACH%3DSG1syHfwthA7rShQ2A%2BK9zZaun01kQK%2Bi6DgLmswtm9URA%40mail.gmail.com.

izzy

Sep 3, 2021, 3:49:38 PM9/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Kim,
If you pass by a gravestone with the whole family of Shimon Zisman ZL (I guess 8 names) please take a shot and send it to me or to the group.

Much appreciated and enjoy your trip and be safe.
Leshana Tova Umetuka!

Israel (Sergio) Oradovschi
Voice: 347-683-2220

Susana Hasenson

Sep 3, 2021, 4:39:25 PM9/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi I hope your visit to Sokyryany fulfills your expectations. I am interested in anyone or any connection to the name Gun (pronounced  goon) .
Thanks
Susana Gun Hasenson

Fábio Koifman

Sep 3, 2021, 11:48:45 PM9/3/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kim:

Very good. Good luck. If in a cemetery you can identify or read the surname Bleichman, please place a small stone on top of the headstone. Thank you very much.

Com um abraço, Fábio.

--
O conteudo deste e-mail eh pessoal e privado. Caso deseje encaminhar copias a outro destinatario, por favor, consulte Fabio Koifman a esse respeito.

Gerald Grundstein

Sep 4, 2021, 10:07:22 AM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Could you please keep your eye's open to the following names:
Skolick
Shenkman

Thanks Much

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM Kim Hershorn <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys! I finally made it to Ukraine. I will be in Sokyryany on Sunday. I am not sure what I'm looking for but I know the cemetery is still there. Any suggestions or requests? Even prayer requests. With love to you all and to our ancestors, Kim

shai zontag

Sep 4, 2021, 12:17:35 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kim
Thank you very much for your generous offer.  I'm looking for tombstones with the Schneider last name.
On that occasion I would like to ask if there is a Facebook group for Sokyryany natives
Thanks again and Happy new year to everyone
Shai

‫ב-4 בספט׳ 2021, בשעה 6:48, ‏‏Fábio Koifman ‏<fkoi...@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

moy...@svn.com.br

Sep 4, 2021, 12:40:49 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
> I INTEND TO GO THERE BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW. WOULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME?
> MOYSES SADIGURSKY
moy...@ufba.br

mschn...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2021, 1:47:06 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kim

Many thanks for your kind offer.

If you happen to see any of these names in the cemetery I would be most grateful.

Billiansky
Zingerman
Schneidman

Enjoy your visit and look forward to hearing how it went.

Miriam

Regina Blacher

Sep 4, 2021, 2:58:59 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.
Please, I would love to hear from

Stifelman
Tabachnik

Have a beautiful and successful trip!
Regina

Regina Blacher

Sep 4, 2021, 3:02:31 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Shai and Kim

My family was related to the Shneider Family too.
I am interested on her as well.
Regina

Shulamit Kleinerman

Sep 4, 2021, 3:11:07 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, it seems to me that if no one has done it before, it might be nice sometime to get each stone in the cemetery well photographed so everyone could have access to the photos. I was there in 2006 and the stones were quite worn, and I am not sure whether I saw any Roman letters among the Yiddish inscriptions. There are no descendants of any of our families there, and we were told that all the records had burned a long time ago....

Alen Biscevic

Sep 4, 2021, 3:25:09 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kim,
If you find some stone with
MAREINES surname, please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Have a nice trip
All the best, Shana Tova to all members
Alen Biscevic
Sent from my iPhone

shai zontag

Sep 4, 2021, 3:27:16 PM9/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Regina.
I have little information about the Schneider family.  I'm looking for information about Nachman Schneider, his father's name is Abraham (not sure) and he was married to Hannah Schneider, whose maiden name is Brightman.  They had three children:
 Tzila Schneider
 Miriam (Motel) Schneider and the third child do not know.  Are the names familiar to you?
Thanks
Shai

‫ב-4 בספט׳ 2021, בשעה 22:02, ‏‏Regina Blacher ‏<regina....@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

Tomer Drori

Sep 5, 2021, 12:25:15 AM9/5/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Kim for your offer,
May you have a safe and blessed trip
Tomer

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021, 10:46 AM Kim Hershorn <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys! I finally made it to Ukraine. I will be in Sokyryany on Sunday. I am not sure what I'm looking for but I know the cemetery is still there. Any suggestions or requests? Even prayer requests. With love to you all and to our ancestors, Kim

Kim Hershorn

Sep 5, 2021, 3:54:25 AM9/5/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I've noted the names and will do my best to locate, place a stone, say a prayer for all. I hope I'm able to find these names for you. Updates soon. :)

regina blacher

Sep 5, 2021, 1:38:33 PM9/5/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,
My great-grandfather was Itzrack Stifelman. He went to Filipson in Brasil (1904) with his brother, Yankel Shneider. Their father was Tzvi but we are not sure if Stifelman or Shneider.
The names you said are not familiar to me…
Thank you,
Regina

shai zontag

Sep 8, 2021, 10:24:35 AM9/8/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com, regina....@gmail.com

Hi Regina,
I told my family about your answer and  I was amazed to hear that there is a story that one of the Schneider family members left the city and moved to Brazil.  It gets along a bit with the information you provided.
 It seems to me that there is some connection.  Now the question is how to find it 🙂
Shai

‫ב-5 בספט׳ 2021, בשעה 20:38, ‏‏regina blacher ‏<regina....@gmail.com> כתב/ה:‬

Hi Shai,

Jonah Belser

Oct 1, 2021, 9:27:17 AM10/1/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Hi Kim,

Did you ever make this trip? Very curious to see what you found! Wish I had thrown my ancestral names into the ring as well :)

Best,
Jonah

Laura B

Oct 1, 2021, 3:28:03 PM10/1/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Hi Kim,

That is wonderful!

I found that my father's family (Vitcov) was forced into labor camps and moved south to Iasi, where there are a couple of graves with our name.

@Fábio Koifman my mother's family is from the Belarus area and her maiden name is Blechman. I wonder if you and I are related?!

Have a wonderful and heartfelt trip.

Laura

Mitchell C. Sklar

Oct 1, 2021, 5:27:43 PM10/1/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Well, I know it is extremely unlikely, but if you come across the name Yavelberg (or some variation thereof) or Korchikhov (Gorchikov) any photo or other information would be sincerely and deeply appreciated.

Thank you, and enjoy your visit.

[...]

sent from my mobile device

Ayana Kimron

Oct 2, 2021, 6:56:45 AM10/2/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Sunday means "town" council is closed, so just take as many photos as you can. And see if you can communicate with elderly ppl about WW2 memories of Jewish life / ppl.
Good luck.
Ayana

Ayana Kimron

בתאריך יום ו׳, 3 בספט׳ 2021, 20:46, מאת Kim Hershorn ‏<kimhe...@gmail.com>:
Hi guys! I finally made it to Ukraine. I will be in Sokyryany on Sunday. I am not sure what I'm looking for but I know the cemetery is still there. Any suggestions or requests? Even prayer requests. With love to you all and to our ancestors, Kim

Donna Kirsh

Dec 3, 2021, 9:50:18 AM12/3/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots

Hi Kim, hope it all goes smoothly. thanks so much for thinking of us all.  If you don't mind taking a mini video of the cemetery so we can see its condition and maybe slowly pan some grave stones.
thanks and safe travels. xo D

Nair Reg Mizrahy

Dec 4, 2021, 3:03:47 PM12/4/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hershorn!
I hope you made a good trip and find what you are looking for.