RE: Bessarabia: original document

Yefim Kogan

Jan 18, 2013, 7:00:35 AM1/18/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com, Marilyn Robinson
Hi Sokiryaner,

Did you see this document? You should like it a lot!
Marilyn Robinson brought it to my attention.

http://www.bessarabia.ru/pr4.htm

Yefim Kogan

Mark Stern

Jan 18, 2013, 1:27:30 PM1/18/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
As we used to say in my old neighborhood, "It's all Greek to me!"

Mark Stern

Yefim Kogan

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.

Italo Oberman

Jan 18, 2013, 1:44:48 PM1/18/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I agree :)

Italo

Carla Brauer-Lalezari

Jan 18, 2013, 10:52:35 PM1/18/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yefim,

What is the translation? What kind of document is that?
Thanks,
Shabbat Shalom,
Carla

--
Carla Brauer- Lalezari
Many people asked me why I became vegetarian. This is my reply: it was either my appetite or the animals life. I chose their life. - Carla Brauer-Lalezari

"Atrocities are no less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are called research". - George Bernard Shaw

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"

sam...@netzero.net

Jan 18, 2013, 11:55:52 PM1/18/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

Mark Stern

Jan 19, 2013, 12:15:40 PM1/19/13
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Samko -

I'm betting my grandfather is mentioned there.... Aaron Schoolnik. Canyou translate?

Mark Stern

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM, sam...@netzero.net <sam...@netzero.net> wrote:

This document is written in Russian. This is a list of teachers who taught Jewish children in Secorone in 1890/1891 years with indication names of children, theirs ages, and how much did they pay

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 11:19:37 AM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
could any of the Russian speakers gradually try to translate this ? It's a single page
Lilyia Shelly, Felix Goldschmidt, Avraham Trakhtenberg (those that I remember) ? Perhaps you could split the work between you 3 ?

hle...@doctors.org.uk

Nov 23, 2021, 12:16:11 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com, Avraham

Hi

I would like to contribute as well

Heschil

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_t9-9fTM7BX%3D8PssWw9H9hcEyxKaNKk2TVgxH7g0JBsMw%40mail.gmail.com.

ליליה ש

Nov 23, 2021, 12:36:39 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is translation:
Bulletin about the Melamed, teaching Jewish children according to Sokiryan for the first half of the year 1890-1891
Melamed name Pupils names Age of pupils Semester fee for each student Where does Melamed teach
Shimon, son of Khuna Kira 1. Shloma, son of Moshko Kipnis 12 20 In his own house
  2. Yankel, son of Shlomo Veksler 12 20
  3. Srul, son of Gersh Zisman 10 25
  4. Ikhel, son of Mordko Elkunovich 11 20
  5.Ovshiya, son of Aizik Temniy 12 18
  6. Kelman,son of Gersh Shmid 12 18
  7. Moshko, son of Srul Kleinman 12 16
  8. Ios', son of Moshko Smulevich 11 16
Moshko, son of Yankel Palajnik 1. Bentzion, son of Ios' Gluzman 11 10 In his own house
  2. Shlomo, son of Shmul Gandelman 11 13
  3. Bentzion, son of Moshko Goykhman 10 12
  4. Duvid, don of Srul Shvartz 11 10
  5. Shulim, son of Zus' Reznik 12 12
  6. Leib, son of Moshko Skverer 11 16
  7. Abram, son of Itzko Zingerman 10 10
  8. Ezra, son og Shulim Zisman 12 13
  9. Nakhman, son of Yankel Royzenfeld 11 10
  10. Ios', son of Shmul Zitbarg 12 13
Yankel, son Dan Vaynberg 1. Shimon, son of Ios' Sosman 6 10 In his own house
  2. Zus', son of Srul Meer Zisman 5 10
  3. Berko, son of Ios' Frenk 6 8
  4. Abram, sonof Shmul Frenk 6 7
  5. Khaim, son of Ios' Gluzman 5 6
  6. Moyshe-Khaim, son of Ios' Vaysman 6 7
  7. Gersh, son of Shmelka Shvartz 7 6
  8. Motel, son of Srul-Moshlo Shmulevich 5 6
  9. Khaim, son of Khuna Shvartz 6 7
  10. Moyshe-Khaim, son of Borukh Royzenbaum 6 7
Duvid, son of Shimon Royzenbarg 1. Ovshiya, son of Shlomo Veksler 15 16 in a rented house
  2. Pinkas, son of Shlomo Bronshteyn 14 15
  3. Meylakh, son of Shimshan Berezin 15 17
  4. Borukh, son of Moshko Kalikhman 14 15
  5. Itzko, Shmil Frenk 13 14
  6. Ikhel-Alter, son of Noakh Beron 13 15
  7. Srul, son of Aron Kalikhman 15 16

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 23 בנוב׳ 2021 ב-18:19 מאת ‪Avraham‬‏ <‪avre...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.

Avraham

Nov 23, 2021, 12:42:04 PM11/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Liliya, you just added new material to the group !

Sherry Robinson

Nov 23, 2021, 12:49:28 PM11/23/21
to Avraham, sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello all -- Because we have so many willing to contribute and we have
access to a researcher, maybe we should add to the list? -- Sherry Robinson