FamilySearch (LDS) microfilms on Sokiryany

Avraham

Jan 18, 2021, 8:23:54 AM1/18/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Following Jeremiah's pointing out FamilySearch online archive, one can find the following on Sokiryany.
Church records often do not include jewish records (I remember in JG forums reading sometimes it does, those with experience correct me if I am wrong)

Of our interest, I think the last record - CIvil Registration 1930-1932 might be of interest.

image.png

Kim Hershorn

Jan 23, 2021, 3:01:19 PM1/23/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I will be travelling to the Ukraine at the end of Feb or so. I know. It's a weird time, but I have to go, and thought I could visit my grandparents' shtetls. I would like to visit Sokiryany and Skvira. I can't find anything on Sokiryany - very little history. I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction - any information, where to get records (if they exist), any contacts? I am from Montreal and currently in Jerusalem. Thanks in advance, Kim

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_uzTg4X971Ai1EPJ8PWck%3DojRJBSQ3aGGn8EfB0jpozwA%40mail.gmail.com.

Vlad Sinayuk

Jan 24, 2021, 11:01:52 AM1/24/21
to Sokiryany-Jewish-Roots
Hi Kim,

For Sokiryany vital records, those are all in the Chernivtsi Oblast archives in Chernivtsi, Ukraine.  If you can plan to visit there, please let our group know with plenty of advance notice as we have a treasure trove of our ancestors' birth, marriage, and death records there that you can hopefully scan for us.

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad Sinayuk | Mobile: 917.885.7341 | Email:  vsin...@gmail.com LinkedInhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/vladsinayuk

Sherry Robinson

Jan 25, 2021, 4:19:59 PM1/25/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

Kim -- Like everyone else, I'd like to give you a couple of names to look up, but given the number of us that might be too much to ask. What I'd really love is if you take lots of photos and post them. I've had trouble finding pictures to show my family members. Thanks -- Sherry Robinson, Albuquerque, NM

Avraham

Jan 26, 2021, 3:19:07 AM1/26/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Sherry, did you check the files section of our site ?
Go to (8) Photographs
There you have 3 zips with pictures taken from trips made by 3 members of the group.

Avraham

Avraham

Jan 26, 2021, 2:51:01 PM1/26/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I did not yet find my so-far-lost-backup-drive, but I found my Sokiryany cloud files. They were in another google account I guess I forgot to check. Will be updating the links and the site accordingly as much as I can.
Sherry, for now, I have unzipped the files and created image carousels out of the pictures shared by Michael Stivelman, Marcos Kleinerman and Guilherme Grossman on their respective trips to Secureni.
I should have taken note of the dates of the photos, but unfortunately I did not.

Then go to Files -> Photographs
You should see now 3 interactive image carousels - instead of the 3 zip files for download.

Kim Hershorn

Jan 28, 2021, 12:10:13 PM1/28/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, yes, I plan to visit at the end of Feb-March depending on travel restrictions. I will be in Vinnytsia for medical care that amazingly is available only there. I want to travel to skvira, my grandmother's birthplace and to Sokiryany. (And if possible to Uman and to Baal Shem tov's grave. Any suggestions regarding travel and getting information would be most helpful. Thank you, Kim

Kim Hershorn

Jan 28, 2021, 12:12:36 PM1/28/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
I would be happy to receive any contact information, and I certainly would take and post a lot of pics. You could give me names but what would I do with them?

Kim Hershorn

Jan 28, 2021, 12:20:29 PM1/28/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Okay, if people can point me in the right direction and help me figure out how to do this, I'd be happy to help you guys get pics or documents or whatever... :)

shai zontag

Jan 30, 2021, 9:41:21 AM1/30/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I entered the site at the attached link
Then I found the excel file
Secureni Jews With Romanian Citizenship (1918,1924, 1940)
Do you know what the source of Excel is? Are all people from sokiryany?
Thank you
shai

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 26 בינו׳ 2021 ב-10:19 מאת ‪Avraham‬‏ <‪avre...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

Kim Hershorn

Jan 30, 2021, 11:56:56 AM1/30/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, my grandfather came to Canada in the early 1920s. I believe he was a citizen of Romania, as at some point he told us he was from Romania. So can someone give me a link as to where I could find documents exactly? And where, if anywhere, I could find anything in or near Sokyryany. Apparently, what you are saying Abraham, is that because the church didn't usually keep docs of Jews, there shouldn't be any. What should I look for? What should I photograph? I'll of course pass on all photos, and if not too many requests, any other docs.

Franklin Kuperman

Jan 30, 2021, 2:27:29 PM1/30/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

My mother’s Family....came from Secureni (the name of the citie have diferente graphies).If you like to make your Family tree, perhaps I could help you.I eed, for this, the Family name of your mother, grand and great mother,etc....I will wait your answer...If you could, sent direct to my e-mail (fkup...@yahoo.com.br)....

Yours,

Franklin Kuperman, from São Paulo, Brazil

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435.Ga...@gmail.com

To manage your account settings, visit http://groupsgoogle.com/group/sokiryany-jewish-roots?hl=en , there you can, for instance, change the way you receive the messages (digest x individual messages as they arrive), check the files uploaded to the group's area, and more.

To visit the messages archive, go to http://groups.google.com/group/sokiryany-jewish-roots/topics.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CACH%3DSG0O-pLtXmtO6CgU7-m8yfrUV4UtTCcrgib-FBcXoE6r1w%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/e9b09d37-af50-b65b-ec04-247fa2f1d0d1%40nmia.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CABcex_ug9JF-0hjDeq_WuVTMZSmdUT_XFCTYCB%3DbdsF0JbbYrQ%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sokiryany-jewish-roots/CAB_pEkBiwz1PJii%3DBFsQmq03Yr3NOxKPDVj5qOkW_acSfiPP-g%40mail.gmail.com.

For any issues or further assistance, don't hesitate to contact the group's administrator at 435....@gmail.com

Good luck for everyone of us in our quests for tracing back stories we did not ask to be forgotten.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sokiryany Jewish Roots" group.

image001.png

Sherry Robinson

Jan 31, 2021, 6:55:52 PM1/31/21
to sokiryany-j...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kim -- Photos I'd like to see: One that shows the village, maybe taken from a hill if that's possible. Another showing the town center. Others have photographed the Jewish cemetery, but you might get something different. Then anything else you find interesting. Mostly, I don't really know what it looks like. Thanks -- Sherry

Jonah Belser

Apr 26, 2021, 6:43:45 PM4/26/21
to Sokiryany Jewish Roots
Hi Kim,

Did you ever go on this trip? I would be very curious to hear about it / see any photos you may have taken!

Cheers,
Jonah