Special Issue Vadose Zone Journal

Bartholomeus, Harm

Oct 31, 2012, 11:31:05 AM10/31/12
to soil-spe...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to make you aware that the system of Vadose Zone Journal is now open for submission for our special issue titled “Digital soil mapping: approaches to integrate sensing techniques to the prediction of key soil properties”. A particular interest is in the use of proximal and remote sensing technologies as a basis for prediction of soil properties, and therefore an important problem is how to extract information at appropriate spatial scale from multiple sources of data. Special attention is given to aspects of parameter transfer. Thus the state of the art of geophysical techniques applied for mapping and monitoring of the pedosphere and unsaturated vadose zone is addressed.

The deadline for submission will be December, 15 2012.

Ulrike Werban, Gilles Grandjean, Harm Bartholomeus, Steffen Zacharias, Peter Dietrich

Ps: During the submission process Authors have to choose the "paper type" - this has to be set to Digital Soil Mapping.