EUROSOIL 2012 session on PROXIMAL SOIL SENSING

Raphael.Vis...@csiro.au

Oct 28, 2011, 10:19:50 PM10/28/11
to col...@unimol.it, annamaria....@entecra.it, adam...@unl.edu
Dear Colleagues,

I have received notice that the the Call-for-Abstracts program of the Eurosoil 2012 (Bari, Italy, 02 - 06 July 2012) has been extended to 10 November.

On behalf of the Program Committee, we cordially invite you to submit abstracts to the session
4.1 Advanced Techniques and Modeling S4.1. Title: Application of proximal soil sensing (PPS) in soil science

The deadline for the submission of abstracts is November 10, 2011.

The description of the Session can be found at:
http://www.eurosoil2012.eu/d/34/4.Advanced_Techniques_and_Modeling/
and on the WG-PSS website http://www.proximalsoilsensing.org/

4. Advanced Techniques and Modeling
S4.1. Title: Application of proximal soil sensing (pps) in soil science
Convener: Castrignanò Annamaria - CRA - Italy
Co-Conveners: Colombo Claudio - University of Molise - Italy
Viscarra Rossel Raphael - CSIRO - Australia

Proximal Soil Sensing (PSS) has become a multidisciplinary area of study that aims to develop field-based techniques for collecting information on the soil from close by, or within, the soil. PSS involves the use of optical, geophysical, electrochemical, mathematical and statistical methods. PPS have many applications such as precision agriculture, soil fertility, soil contamination, archaeology, peri-urban design and high land-value applications, where there is a particular need for high spatial resolution information. The Symposium will be dedicated to soil sensor sampling, proximal soil sensor development and use, sensor calibrations, spatial prediction methods, applications of proximal soil sensing, and fine-resolution digital soil mapping.
We hope that we can stimulate your interest in Session S4.1 , and we look forward to receiving your contribution.

Kind regards,