WG1.5 Proximal Soil Sensing Meeting

Viscarra Rossel, Raphael (CLW, Black Mountain)

Jul 29, 2010, 8:53:11 PM7/29/10
to Viscarra Rossel Raphael, Adamchuk Viacheslav
Dear Colleagues

you are invited to the business meeting of the Proximal Soil Sensing Working Group (WG1.5) at the WCSS in Brisbane next week.

It is scheduled for Thursday 5 August at 3:45 pm in room M3.

We will inform you about our new website; recent publications; the global soil spectral library and the location of the next workshop on proximal soil sensing.

Please come and join us!

Best wishes

Raphael and Viacheslav

PS Dont forget that we have our poster session on Thursday at 10:00 and the oral session at 10:45 am.

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Venue: Great Hall 4
Date:   August 5 2010
Time:   1045 - 1240

Speaker Details
Presentation Details
Dr Annamaria Castrignano
Research Director

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Presentation date: August 5 2010
Presentation Time: 1050  - 1120

Presentation Title:
Assessment of soil variation by multivariate geostatistical analysis of EMI and gamma-radiometric data
Dr Rob Hewson
Research Scientist

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Presentation date: August 5 2010
Presentation Time: 1120  - 1140

Presentation Title:
Mineralogical and Textural Characterisation of Soils using Thermal Infrared Spectroscopy
Mr Craig Lobsey
Postgraduate Research Student

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Presentation date: August 5 2010
Presentation Time: 1140  - 1200

Presentation Title:
An automated system for rapid in-field soil nutrient testing
Mr Eric Lund
President

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Presentation date: August 5 2010
Presentation Time: 1200  - 1220

Presentation Title:
Can Field-Based Spectroscopic Sensors Measure Soil Carbon in a Regulated Carbon Trading Program?
Dr Ludger Herrmann
Head Of Mineralogy Lab

WG 1.5 Soil Sense - rapid soil measurements
Presentation date: August 5 2010
Presentation Time: 1220  - 1240

Presentation Title:
The potential of gamma-ray spectrometry for soil mapping

Viscarra Rossel, Raphael (CLW, Black Mountain)

Aug 4, 2010, 7:31:21 PM8/4/10
to Viscarra Rossel, Raphael (CLW, Black Mountain), Adamchuk Viacheslav
Dear Colleagues

our business meeting will occur at 6:30 pm in room M3 - NOT 3:45 pm as I notified in my previous email.
I am sorry about this but the organisers will not change the time.

So please note that the business meeting for the WG on Proximal Soil Sensing will be in room M3 at 6:30 pm

I will inform you about our new website; recent publications; the global soil spectral library and the location of the next workshop on proximal soil sensing.