new version of the resemble package

Leonardo Ramirez Lopez

Feb 9, 2016, 6:09:34 PM2/9/16
to The Soil Spectroscopy Group
Dear all,
A couple of years ago we launched the R package resemble which offers tools to model complex spectral (soil) data based on local regressions (e.g. LOCAL and locally weighted pls regression).
Since several people have already started to use this package, we decided to upgrade the package based on their inputs. Now the version 1.2.1 of the package is already available on CRAN (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/resemble/index.html). It is now is now faster! (some critical functions are now C++ based). We also added some new functionality (e.g. validations take into account samples coming from the same soil profiles to avoid pseudo-replication).
We hope this package can be useful for you.
If you want to learn more about these packages or if you want to obtain the last (development) versions of them, then you can visit their respective websites at:
http://l-ramirez-lopez.github.io/resemble/
Best regards,
Leo Ramirez-Lopez
PS. happy new 2016