At the UN Food Systems pre-Summit in Rome

Seth Itzkan

Jul 28, 2021, 9:36:18 AM7/28/21
to Comfood, Healthy Soils Coalition, Soil Age
Hello Colleagues,

I hope you're well.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm participating in the UN Food Systems Summit and am at the pre-Summit at the FAO HQs in Rome now.

My "Solution Cluster" has contributed this position paper.

Grazing for Soil, Climate, and People: Innovative Approaches to Livestock Management that Restores Ecosystems, Mitigates Global Warming, and Enhances Food Security”

I hope you will take the time to read this paper (it's only 2 pages) and provide feedback. I wrote the paragraph, Soil Carbon and Climate. I am also honored to have participated in authoring this paper with Daniela Ibarra-Howell, CEO of the Savory Institute, and other great leaders in advancing the practice of regenerative grazing.

Our position paper is part of three papers within the Sustainable Livestock solution cluster. Needless to say, there is a wide range of opinions on this matter.

I will be happy to speak to your organization about the Summit, the Sustainable Livestock solution cluster, and the particular paper I've contributed to.

Also, if you have colleagues in the media who are covering the Summit or other matters related to agriculture, grazing, or climate, please be so kind as to forward this email to them.

Thank you for your interest and attention.

Best regards,

- Seth

--
Seth J. Itzkan