Fwd: Seth Itzkan will talk about The Un Food Summit in Rome / GreenZine tomorrow and on replay

Seth Itzkan

Aug 18, 2021, 8:45:13 PM8/18/21
to Soil Age
Fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Henry Swayze <henry...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 2:58 PM
Subject: Seth Itzkan will talk about The Un Food Summit in Rome / GreenZine tomorrow and on replay
To: RCR Programmers List <Rcrprog...@talk.royaltonradio.org>, Healthy Soils Coalition <VH...@list.uvm.edu>

Seth is a founder of Soil4climate.org and has spent time in Africa observing the role of livestock in healing the land.  Recently he was in Rome at the UN food pre summit where he presented a paper on the role of livestock which he co-authored. (https://foodsystems.community/?attachment=7487&document_type=document&download_document_file=1&document_file=697)
We will talk about his experiences, the role of livestock in repairing the climate and what is happening to move things forward on the world stage.
Join us for GreenZine live from 11-12 AM Thursday and on replay starting Friday for 7 days.  www.FVR.org will get you there on the web and locally @ 96.5 on FM.
Thanks for joining us,
Henry Swayze
Co-Host with Todd Tyson of GreenZine

--
cell 603-667-8932
Member of the Vermont Healthy Soils Coalition

henry buehler

Sep 7, 2021, 7:50:52 AM9/7/21
to soil...@googlegroups.com

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

Seth Itzkan

Sep 7, 2021, 8:02:39 AM9/7/21
to soil...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Of course. Thank you for sharing this article.

Large herbivores can reduce forest fire risks

henry buehler

Sep 7, 2021, 6:50:53 PM9/7/21
to soil...@googlegroups.com
I have been hearing many accounts how weather is not allowing making of hay .California did cut fire breaks but did not maintain them , I do not know that a cattle drive  through a national forest could have prevented a fire . It could have maintained a fire break .

Seth Itzkan

Sep 7, 2021, 7:33:22 PM9/7/21
to Soil Age
Whatever contribution to fire mediation the grazing could have made would have been greatly appreciated. We'll never know, of course, what that mediation would have been, but, for future planning, I certainly hope there will be greater utilization of herbivores for this purpose.