Automatic detection of "That's what she said" double-entendres

Nat Pryce

Apr 28, 2011, 6:27:19 PM4/28/11
to software...@googlegroups.com
I thought this group would be interested in this recent paper:

That’s What She Said: Double Entendre Identification, Chloe Kiddon and
Yuriy Brun,

"We focus on a subtask of double entendre identification: TWSS
recognition. We say a sentence is a TWSS if it is funny to follow that
sentence with “that’s what she said”. ... We frame the problem of TWSS
recognition as a type of metaphor identification."

Bringing it back to metaphors *of* software, I wonder if automatic
detection of punning language could be used to warn programmers of
ambiguous naming or layering violations.

--Nat

--
http://www.natpryce.com