Welcome!

Joshua Kerievsky

May 31, 2010, 11:53:05 AM5/31/10
to software...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

I've been meaning to create this group and finally took some time to do so.

Tomorrow (June 1st, 2010) I'll be giving a talk called System Metaphor Revisited: The Lost XP Practice.

It will be the second time I give the talk and I've got even better code examples to show, based on the music metaphor we continue to use in our eLearning software.

The notes for the talk are in an emerging online album I've been creating with Brian Foote.  If you'd like to see that album, please register on our site (https://elearning.industriallogic.com/gh/submit?Action=ShowLoginPageAction) using your real email address (we will never spam you).

I decided to call this group Software Metaphor, rather than System Metaphor, because we see metaphor being used in very small and very large parts of software design.

I'm looking forward to our dialogues here.

--
best regards,
jk

Industrial Logic, Inc.
Joshua Kerievsky
Founder, Extreme Programmer & Coach
http://industriallogic.com
866-540-8336 (toll free)
510-540-8336 (phone)
Berkeley, California

Learn Code Smells, Refactoring and TDD at http://industriallogic.com/elearning

Guerra

Jun 3, 2010, 8:08:10 AM6/3/10
to SoftwareMetaphor
Hi!

I think that is a great and relevant discussion.

In general, people don't give much importance to the metaphor XP
practice.

It is possible to share the presentation slides or a presentation
video here in the group?

Thanks!

Eduardo Guerra

On 31 maio, 12:53, Joshua Kerievsky <jos...@industriallogic.com>
wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been meaning to create this group and finally took some time to do so.
>
> Tomorrow (June 1st, 2010) I'll be giving a talk called System Metaphor
> Revisited: The Lost XP Practice.
>
> It will be the second time I give the talk and I've got even better code
> examples to show, based on the music metaphor we continue to use in our
> eLearning software.
>
> The notes for the talk are in an emerging online album I've been creating
> with Brian Foote.  If you'd like to see that album, please register on our
> site (https://elearning.industriallogic.com/gh/submit?Action=ShowLoginPageA...)
> using your real email address (we will never spam you).
>
> I decided to call this group Software Metaphor, rather than System Metaphor,
> because we see metaphor being used in very small and very large parts of
> software design.
>
> I'm looking forward to our dialogues here.
>
> --
> best regards,
> jk
>
> Industrial Logic, Inc.
> Joshua Kerievsky
> Founder, Extreme Programmer & Coachhttp://industriallogic.com

Joshua Kerievsky

Jun 5, 2010, 2:51:09 AM6/5/10
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Guerra <guer...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think that is a great and relevant discussion.

In general, people don't give much importance to the metaphor XP
practice.

It is possible to share the presentation slides or a presentation
video here in the group?

Thanks!

Hi Eduardo,

To get free access to the System Metaphor album, just email sup...@industriallogic.com and ask for the access to it.   We'll have an easier way at some point.