Repo with code for http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org

Dinis Cruz

Feb 24, 2016, 6:46:08 PM2/24/16
to software_craftsmanship
Hi, while preparing for the presentation I did last week at LSCC "New Era of Software with modern Application Security" (see http://blog.diniscruz.com/2016/02/v05-of-new-era-of-software-with-modern.html) I found a number of quality and security issues with the http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org website which I would like to report and to help fix.

Is there a repo (for example in GitHub) with the code and with an Issue tracker?

Thanks

Dinis

Craig Demyanovich

Feb 27, 2016, 7:36:15 AM2/27/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Dinis,

The Git repo is private. You can contact Zach Olauson to discuss the issues and fixing them.

Thanks,
Craig Demyanovich

Zach Olauson

Mar 4, 2016, 6:56:05 PM3/4/16
to software_craftsmanship
Hey Dinis,

Like Craig said, the repo is private, but I would be happy to talk about what issues you found, and how we can resolve them.

Please feel free to reach out whenever you have some time.

Thanks!
Zach Olauson

Andreas Leidig

Mar 4, 2016, 7:27:02 PM3/4/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Could you explain why the repo is private?

Regards
Andreas

Zach Olauson

Mar 15, 2016, 3:12:42 AM3/15/16
to software_craftsmanship
Hey Andreas,

I don't know the exact reason, but I can ask around and report back.

Thanks,
Zach Olauson

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 3:46:08 PM UTC-8, Dinis Cruz wrote:
Hi, while preparing for the presentation I did last week at LSCC "New Era of Software with modern Application Security" (see http://blog.diniscruz.com/2016/02/v05-of-new-era-of-software-with-modern.html) I found a number of quality and security issues with the http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org website which I would like to report and to help fix.

Is there a repo (for example in GitHub) with the code and with an Issue tracker?

Thanks

Dinis

Andreas Leidig

Mar 15, 2016, 4:33:03 AM3/15/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zach,

that sounds great! Please do.

Andreas
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to software_craftsma...@googlegroups.com.

Adam Berlin

Mar 24, 2017, 10:01:31 PM3/24/17
to software_craftsmanship
Is there a public repository somewhere for the software craftsmanship website? Where can comments and improvements be made?

Thanks,
Adam

Craig Demyanovich

Mar 25, 2017, 4:16:43 PM3/25/17
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the repo is private. I'll mention your question to Zach Olauson, who works on the site, to be sure he knows about it. Do you have comments or suggestions for improvements that you'd be willing to share here for now?

Regards,
Craig

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/software_craftsmanship.

Zach Olauson

Mar 29, 2017, 11:54:00 AM3/29/17
to software_craftsmanship
Hey everyone,

As Craig mentioned, the code is still in a private repo. Open sourcing the site is one of the higher priority tasks of mine. However before I can do that, I need to ensure I can properly support it as an open source project. The last thing I would want to do is open it up for outside contributions, and not have the project in a state where I can manage these additional changes in a timely manner. Lately this has meant working on the infrastructure for the site so I can make sure that if features are proposed, I can quickly get them pushed out.

The site has been purely in maintenance mode for quite a while now, so I’m working on refreshing some things as I want to make sure everything is in a good state before opening it up for outside contributions.

I really do apologize for the delay in coming back to this thread, it had completely slipped my mind.

As far as comments and suggestions go, if you would like to share them here for now that would be great, otherwise maybe I could open a public Trello board to gather feedback until it’s open sourced.

Thanks,
Zach Olauson

Yevhen Viktorov

Mar 7, 2018, 2:22:48 PM3/7/18
to software_craftsmanship

Signature confirmation not functioning,
Got an email with URL, but without signatory identifier, i.e. literally: http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org/en/sign/confirmation
Also, it shows an error message when followed: "signatory_not_found"

Zach Olauson

Mar 7, 2018, 4:31:44 PM3/7/18
to software_craftsmanship
I'm sorry to hear that Yevhen.