Relationship between the Single Responsibility Principle and two of the Four Rules of Simple Design

Philip Schwarz

Mar 6, 2016, 11:56:30 AM3/6/16
to software_craftsmanship
I made a slide capturing the relationship between the 'Single Responsibility Principle' and two of the 'Four Rules of Simple Design' - my mnemonic: 'Assiduously Improved Names' + 'Redundancy Eliminated Assiduously'

Matteo Vaccari

Mar 7, 2016, 3:03:51 AM3/7/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sharing. I did not know the bit from Robert Martin connecting SRP and Coupling and Cohesion.

Your formulation of the four rules on square 1 seems non standard. Is it your own?

--
Sent from my mobile.phone

Il 06/Mar/2016 17:56, "'Philip Schwarz' via software_craftsmanship" <software_cr...@googlegroups.com> ha scritto:
I made a slide capturing the relationship between the 'Single Responsibility Principle' and two of the 'Four Rules of Simple Design' - my mnemonic: 'Assiduously Improved Names' + 'Redundancy Eliminated Assiduously'

Sleepyfox

Mar 7, 2016, 3:46:55 AM3/7/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com

There has been a number of versions of the 4 rules, some are here:

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?XpSimplicityRules

I use the four that Kent talks about in XP Explained, the for commandments picture in the link above, but as there have been so many versions people tend to go with whichever version resonates with them I guess...

@sleepyfox

Adam Sroka

Mar 7, 2016, 6:00:06 AM3/7/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com

Coupling and cohesion (i.e. structured design ala Yourdon and Constantine) and SOLID are complimentary models. Both tell the same story but are rigorous in different ways.

Johan Cortes Montenegro

Mar 7, 2016, 9:09:35 AM3/7/16
to software_cr...@googlegroups.com
I like the vision about duplication and redundancy in the eight square :D tnx for sharing
Johan Sebastian Cortes Montenegro
{ Software passionate }
@hinigul