नहीं पढ़े गए पहले मैसेज पर जाएं

Sergio Esteban Pola Contreras

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
9 सित॰ 2016, 11:51:07 am9/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_craftsmanship
Hi

I was trying to explain DevOps to a group of colleagues related to IT, but I realized that I have no metaphor to explain in easy words the DevOps concepts.
Do you have one to share with me?

Thanks in advance
Sergio

Sleepyfox

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
9 सित॰ 2016, 11:53:59 am9/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_cr...@googlegroups.com
DevOps is to Dev and Ops what Cheese and Cake is to CheeseCake.

You're welcome.

@sleepyfox
--

On 9 September 2016 at 05:30, Sergio Esteban Pola Contreras
> --

Simone Busoli

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
9 सित॰ 2016, 11:59:01 am9/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_craftsmanship

Awesome @sleepyfox

<sergio.pola.contreras@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was trying to explain DevOps to a group of colleagues related to IT, but I
> realized that I have no metaphor to explain in easy words the DevOps
> concepts.
> Do you have one to share with me?
>

> Thanks in advance
> Sergio
>
> --

Adam Sroka

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
9 सित॰ 2016, 3:42:25 pm9/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_cr...@googlegroups.com
I don’t have a metaphor, but I have an anecdote.

Coming from Extreme Programming it is odd to me how many folks see “DevOps” as a new thing. It is essentially just applying Ubiquitous Automation (https://media.pragprog.com/articles/jan_02_auto.pdf) to operations. Which is something we have been doing all along, because it makes Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery easier to manage. The only thing really new about DevOps (besides the term itself) is the emergence of really good tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.

--

Steve Donie

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
12 सित॰ 2016, 10:34:37 am12/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_cr...@googlegroups.com
At a very high level - think of the groups that design cars and those that build cars - DevOps is getting the designers and the builders talking together and working together so that they each understand the concerns of the other. So the designers avoid designing a car that can't be built efficiently, and the builders provide feedback on what works and what doesn't.

--

Adam Sroka

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
12 सित॰ 2016, 2:00:11 pm12/9/16
ईमेल पाने वाला software_cr...@googlegroups.com
That’s not bad, but it’s not quite right either, IMO. It’s not that dev people and ops people have conversations. It’s that dev and ops are the same thing. We are using software (Ansible, Docker, Chef, etc.) to deploy software (our web app, our mobile app, our database, our APIs, etc.) to software (Google, AWS, App Store, etc.) If you don’t understand any piece of that you don’t have a big picture understanding of what you are delivering, and the idea of Continuous Delivery is fraught. Everyone on the team needs to know how to build it, test it, and deploy it. So DevOps is a whole team responsibility. It needs to be.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Sergio Esteban Pola Contreras <sergio.pola.contreras@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I was trying to explain DevOps to a group of colleagues related to IT, but I realized that I have no metaphor to explain in easy words the DevOps concepts.
Do you have one to share with me?

Thanks in advance
Sergio

सभी प्रषकों को उत्तर दें