Auckland QA Role

Colin Taylor

May 27, 2014, 7:58:35 PM5/27/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've got an exciting  QA Mgr role at my company. Is it kosher to post it here?

cheers
Colin

olivernz

May 27, 2014, 8:05:35 PM5/27/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
No idea if the position is kosher but you're welcome to post. ;-)

Colin Taylor

May 27, 2014, 9:13:18 PM5/27/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks Oliver.

Replies please to me direct, Colin Taylor via gmail.

QA Overseer / Lead / Mgr
================

You will:

Be working alongside a small, highly experienced software team to produce high quality cloud solutions.
We have an external (NZ) testing house ready to do the grunt work but we need someone to organise their work and be the in-house QA overseer working alongside the other teams.

You need:

Has 5+ years of experience in software testing
At least 6 months in a lead test or project management role
Experience with large-scale, complex web applications
To be a pedant but only with a reason
To have experience developing testing systems and strategies
Knows test scripts, cases and plans inside out
Can manage external testing resources
Experience working in an Agile/agile/theres-not-always-a-spec environment
Prepare test cases and associated test plans from final functional specifications and interaction designs for the purpose of application quality assurance testing of software deliverables
Full bug fix life cycle support, track issues through development, re-testing and closure
Assist in the development and deployment of automated testing tools

We'd like:

Experience with cloud architectures
Selenium / WebDriver experience
Familiarity with Linux platforms
Programming or strong scripting background
Big Data experience

You get:

Diverse interesting work - distributed systems, SaaS, Big Data, rich UIs
Highly competitive salary, we think quality talent pays for itself.
The chance to work with a highly experienced and respected team
A comfortable spacious office in a great location metres from Queen St
A flat structured company and open culture where you can contribute directly to cloud products with thousands of end user around the world
Work-life balance, we believe 40 hours means less mistakes and more enthusiasm.

Oliver Erlewein

May 27, 2014, 9:46:48 PM5/27/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great! If I didn't have that already I'd apply ;-)

Thanks for sharing.
Oliver