Just thought I'd pass on a link to Elisabeth Hendrickson's book / e-book 'Explore-It!'

Shaun Boyce

Jul 9, 2013, 7:34:15 PM7/9/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com

The book has been available for a wee while now (since February I believe) but I've only recently picked it up and I think Elisabeth has put together a book that's worth a read

A nice collection of ideas and practices that could be of use to any tester

Shaun Boyce

Jul 10, 2013, 5:45:59 PM7/10/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Yikes. Just noticed (from the daily digest email of the group) the copy/paste error I made when posting the link. My apologies - here's the actual link:

Piyush Dungrani

Jul 11, 2013, 11:44:37 PM7/11/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shaun for the link :) Does anyone have pdf copy of this?

I have been a reader of this group from past two months, and as I am new to this group I would like to introduce myself: I am Piyush Dungrani (From Ahmedabad - India). I have total 4 years of experience in Manual (Functional) Software testing. Currently working with iGate Global Solutions ltd here.

I have been granted a Silver Fern Job Search Visa and I am planning to move to Auckland (New Lynn Area) in October month, any suggestions to find a job as "Software Test Analyst"? I would really appreciate if any one can help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Piyush

David Robinson

Jul 18, 2013, 4:58:48 PM7/18/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
If you get the eBook version from the link it includes a PDF copy
along with ePub and Mobi. So you can get it directly from the source.
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/software-testers-new-zealand.

David Greenlees

Jul 18, 2013, 6:37:39 PM7/18/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
I agree.

Buy it and show your support to the author.

Andrew Robins

Jul 18, 2013, 9:08:11 PM7/18/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
We all work in an industry that produces IP.

Authors should be paid for theirs.

(Disclosure - my partner is a novelist)
Test Manager, Tait Radio Communications

This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended recipient. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce such email, any attachments, or any part thereof. If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission nor can we guarantee that any email or any attachments are free from computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with recipient data, hardware or software. The recipient relies upon its own procedures and assumes all risk of use and of opening any attachments.

Ajay Balamurugadas

Jul 18, 2013, 9:15:25 PM7/18/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com

Its easy to get a pdf but when you write a book, you understand the effort that goes behind the book
Content, reviews, formatting, marketing, profit sharing, losses and finally feedback loop.

Btw, I too recommend the book and my books - how to buy them are on my blog. www.enjoytesting.blogspot.com ;)

Piyush Dungrani

Jul 18, 2013, 9:21:28 PM7/18/13
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I see the point guys. I would buy the paper book (I am not comfortable with reading e-books), so after having a glimpse of the content from the http://www.agilistry.com/resources/ by Elisabeth Hendrickson I would decide.

Thanks for sharing your book Ajay :-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Software Testers New Zealand" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/software-testers-new-zealand.

Regards,
Piyush Dungrani