Do we need to test websites on Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) additionally?

srinivas kadiyala

Jun 28, 2014, 2:00:03 AM6/28/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
I have observed in Windows Environment, we have 32-Bit / 64-Bit Internet Explorers (for 32 Bit / 64 Bit system respectively).

Additionally - We have "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) ...

Usually, we test on 32-Bit / 64-Bit Internet Explorers ...

But, do we need to test on  Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) additionally?

Richard Robinson

Jun 28, 2014, 2:39:20 AM6/28/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
And dont forget the compatibility modes too.
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/software-testers-new-zealand.

Kim Engel

Jun 29, 2014, 3:24:12 PM6/29/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
If you come across an unusual defect which cannot be reproduced in other browsers (such as IE crashing), using the no add-ons option can be a useful diagnostic tool while raisng the issue.

I recently had an issue caused by the Adobe helper add-on.

David Robinson

Jun 29, 2014, 4:25:46 PM6/29/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
As to what to test what does your userbase use?

No Addons is not a normal option so would say no. But then agaain the
userbase might be a org that has tight controls in place.

On 30 June 2014 07:24, Kim Engel <keng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you come across an unusual defect which cannot be reproduced in other browsers (such as IE crashing), using the no add-ons option can be a useful diagnostic tool while raisng the issue.
>
> I recently had an issue caused by the Adobe helper add-on.

srinivas kadiyala

Jul 18, 2014, 6:20:25 AM7/18/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
I usually, dont prefer to test on Compatibility Modes of Internet Explorer. As i have no faith on them :)

Simply to say, once i read in Microsoft article - Compatibility is not exactly equivalent to Original ones.

srinivas kadiyala

Jul 18, 2014, 6:26:54 AM7/18/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kim - I will note this point :)