ISO 29119 - Can it be stopped?

David Greenlees

Aug 20, 2014, 1:18:25 AM8/20/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps it can...

Take a look, and if you agree then please sign the online petition.

DG

Richard Robinson

Aug 20, 2014, 1:30:58 AM8/20/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
If you are unsure about taking part in a petition and need some relevant background to it, then please watch the following video from CAST 2014 (Last week).

It is James Christie's talk on Standards

Cheers
Rich

olivernz

Aug 20, 2014, 5:49:59 PM8/20/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
This video is an absolute eye opener! The presenter is a bit difficult but the content is no less spectacular for it. I think it absolutely annihilates the whole ISO concept in the area of testing and exposes it as a money making racket. I've always thought the ISO standards were just bad and limiting from a contents perspective but this makes it so much more sensible that the actual aim is pure and simple profit. I feel sorry for the testers that have contributed in the belief they'd actually be doing something good for the profession, all the while just working for free for corporates to take the pickings. Very sad all that.

Btw, lost any respect now for Stuart Reid. He's just vile and I feel personally insulted by his presentation slides.

Cheers Oliver

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM, David Greenlees <xtre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps it can...

Take a look, and if you agree then please sign the online petition.

DG

olivernz

Aug 27, 2014, 7:54:34 PM8/27/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
Also have a look here:

And some more on ISO29119 pro & con links and stuff to read:

I think this is a topic every tester should have made up their mind about. It will influence the next decades of testing no matter which way it goes.

olivernz

Sep 10, 2014, 12:37:32 AM9/10/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
C'mon peeps, 921 signatures. Just a few more to go. Get in on the action, educate yourself and see if you can be moved.

Cheers Oliver

Brian Osman

Sep 10, 2014, 12:43:32 AM9/10/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
+1 on that :)

David Greenlees

Sep 10, 2014, 12:46:48 AM9/10/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com
+29119 on that.......

Andrew Robins

Sep 10, 2014, 12:56:01 AM9/10/14
to software-teste...@googlegroups.com

I have signed,  and if you are reading this and still have not done so,  please consider it.

I am amongst other things,  a trained auditor and picked up a certification from the NZ organization for quality at one time in my dark past...

The standards driven mindset of an auditor is completely at odds with what is required for a creative testing process.  We do not want to create more barriers to effective testing,  and that is what these standards will do.

That is why I have chosen to go on record opposing ISO29119

My 2 cents worth