July 2008 Meeting: Authentication Techniques to Avoid Shoulder Surfing

Jeremiah

Jul 22, 2008, 2:18:58 AM7/22/08
to Software Professionals of Alaska
Next Event:

"Authentication Techniques to Avoid Shoulder Surfing", by Dr. Kenrick
Mock
Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 12:00pm
BP Energy Center, Anchorage, AK

Just the other day I was getting cash at an ATM. When prompted for my
PIN, the machine advised me to put my hand over the keypad to avoid
having it stolen. Looking over someone's shoulder to view passwords
and other secure information is called "shoulder surfing". SPA is
honored to welcome Dr. Kenrick Mock, a computer science professor and
researcher from the University of Alaska Anchorage, for an informative
introduction to this important topic in computer security. As always,
don't forget to bring a lunch, and invite a friend!

Jeremiah

Jul 30, 2008, 9:38:37 PM7/30/08
to Software Professionals of Alaska
Reminder: This meeting takes place tomorrow, Thursday, July 31 at
12pm. I look forward to seeing you there!

-- Jeremiah