February 2008 SPA Meeting: Ruby on Rails

Jeremiah

Feb 19, 2008, 4:21:01 PM2/19/08
to Software Professionals of Alaska
Next Event:

"Ruby on Rails", by Scott Correy
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 @ 12:00pm
BP Energy Center, Anchorage, AK
Map: http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/us/bp_us_english/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/a/bp_energy_center_map.pdf

Contrary to popular belief, SPA is not dead! Between the holidays and
my inability to line up a speaker, we missed the month of January. In
an effort to make up for it, I've got something special for you to
check out... This month we're having a brown bag lunch (read: bring
your own food if you don't want to starve) at the BP Energy Center.
This topic is killer -- Ruby on Rails (aka RoR), a web development
framework for cranking out sophisticated apps very quickly. During
this presentation Scott Correy, a professional Ruby hacker, gives a
demo and answers your questions about the most buzzworthy technology
of the last few years. Valley start-ups and major web companies (like
Amazon.com) alike have adopted it because of the speed and flexibility
that it offers. Don't take my word for it; come and find out what all
the fuss is about for yourself.