June 2008 Meeting: SPA 1st Anniversary!

Jeremiah

Jun 5, 2008, 2:10:44 AM6/5/08
to Software Professionals of Alaska
Next Event:

"SPA 1st Anniversary", intro by Jeremiah Dunham
Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 @ 12:00pm
BP Energy Center, Anchorage, AK

I can hardly believe it -- by the time we hold this meeting, it will
have been a year since the first one! I will spend the first part of
this meeting recapping how we got started, what we've been doing for
the past year, and introducing what I think we should do for the
coming year. In short, I think that YOU should decide!

Here is what I propose: SPA should have an Advisory Board made up of 3
to 5 group members who serve for one-year at a time. The Board will
meet once per month to plan upcoming events, tackle new initiatives,
and set the future direction for the group. I will still serve on the
Board to make sure that things keep moving forward, but I would love
to have some of you help me! This will be a low (< 5 hours per month)
time commitment. If you have the desire, creativity, and energy to
help out, please contact me via email before the meeting.

After a quick talk about the group's first year, I will turn it over
to you. This will give you the chance to really chat with some of
your peers, an opportunity that we usually squander by filling the
entire hour with a presentation. I think that this will be a great
meeting, especially for new folks! Oh yeah, in honor of our 1st
anniversary, I'll be providing bottled water and soda -- just one more
reason to show up!

As always, don't forget to bring a lunch, and invite a friend!

Jeremiah

Jun 18, 2008, 11:28:04 AM6/18/08
to Software Professionals of Alaska
Reminder: This meeting happens today at noon! See you there!

-- Jeremiah