Recordings and resources now available for the Summer 2022 Software Preservation Community Forum

Jessica Farrell

Jun 27, 2022, 1:13:35 PM6/27/22
to software-prese...@googlegroups.com, SPN Members

Greetings Colleagues,

The SPN Community Engagement Collaborative is delighted to announce that the recording for the Summer 2022 Software Preservation Community Forum is now available on our website!

Listen to the recording here: https://www.softwarepreservationnetwork.org/summer-2022-community-forum/

The June 2022 SPN Forum featured a discussion about building momentum in solidarity with several organizations and communities to win an improved exemption in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act for video games and how it would enable increased preservation and access to video games.

Acknowledgement and sincere thanks to our speakers -

  • Brandon Butler, Director of Information Policy, University of Virginia; and Law & Policy Advisor, Software Preservation Network

  • Andrew Borman, Digital Games Curator, The Strong Museum of Play

  • Phil Salvador, Library Director, Video Game History Foundation

And thank you to our registered attendees for your curiosity and engagement!

On behalf of the Community Engagement Collaborative

Jess

--
Jess Farrell | she/her/hers
Community Facilitator