Free events during Summer of Architecture 2012 at Skills Matter

James Chesters

Jun 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM6/11/12
to software-arch...@googlegroups.com

You’ve hopefully heard about the courses, you know all about the DDD eXchange -- at Skills Matter but did you know we have a host of free In the Brain talks from our world class experts?

Look who’s talking:

June 27 – Andreas Ohlund: Death to the batch job
Join Andreas for some real-time solutions to time-bound processes with the latest and greatest sagas from NServiceBus

July 2 Udi Dahan: Commands, Queries, and Consistency
Join “the software simplist” Udi Dahan for a new perspective on CQRS using a new twist on the saga pattern.

July 3 Simon Brown: The code doesn’t tell the whole story
Join Simon to find out what’s missing and how to create lightweight documentation for your software projects.

July 5 Brian Sletten: RDFa Today
Join Brian for this remote session as he sets the stage, catches you up on what has been happening in the past year and explains why you need to be paying attention.

September 3 Alberto Brandolini: Domain-Driven Design… Dirty Harry Style
Join Alberto for some practical, real life advice about how to seed and grow DDD in a brownfield scenario.

If you can't make it to London, all our talks are recorded and free to watch online -- and as if that wasn’t enough, why not check out some of our recent Architecture related videos:

Greg Young: Analysis and DDD
Eric Evans on DDD Strategies for Moving Away from Legacy Systems

Udi Dahan: Hidden NServiceBus Gems

Udi Dahan: Modeling Distributed Systems with NServiceBus Studio

Simon Brown: How much up front design is just enough?

Gael Fraiteur: Multithreading beyond the lock keyword

Greg Young: 5 common reasons DDD projects fail and how to avoid them

Greg Young: Simple is better

Udi Dahan: CQRS, race conditions, and sagas – oh my!

Eric Evans on Welcome to DDD eXchange

Udi Dahan on Domain Models and Composite Applications

Jim Webber on REST and DDD

Patrik Fredriksson on DDD in a Functional Programming Language

Greg Young on Assert.That(We.Understand)

Matthew Wall on REST & APIs in the Guardian’s DDD Processes

Zi Makki: DDD Park Bench Discussion