Fwd: Eclipse defect density data available for download

Tom Zimmermann

Jun 15, 2006, 9:59:57 PM6/15/06
to sof...@googlegroups.com
We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this message.  --Tom

Begin forwarded message:

Dear friends and colleagues,

my group and myself have mined the Eclipse bug and version databases to map failures to Eclipse components. The resulting data set lists the defect density of all Eclipse components and can be easily used to relate code, process, and developers to defects. The data set is publicly available for download:

To our knowledge, this is the first time such defect data is available from a non-trivial industrial project which at the same time comes as open source.  We invite you to explore and use this data in future research; let us know if you have any comments or questions.

Best wishes,

Andreas Zeller
--
Andreas Zeller  Saarland University  http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/zeller/