Vacuum port for soft robot

Ko

May 2, 2020, 3:02:00 PM5/2/20
to Soft Robotics Toolkit Forum
Hello fellow roboticists,

I am looking for a small low cost Vacuum bag port/connector like the one they use in this video at step two of the Fluid-driven origami-inspired artificial muscles:

https://movie-usa.glencoesoftware.com/video/10.1073/pnas.1713450114/video-2

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/50/13132

I have looked at a lot of places on the internet but I can not seem to find anything that is as small as in the video.

Maybe I am looking with the wrong words? I think it is a vacuum bag connector but maybe it has a diffrent name.

It would be really helpfull if I could get a link to where to buy the object or to know if maybe has a diffrent name.

Thank you for reading!

okos...@sva.edu

Jun 25, 2020, 1:41:12 AM6/25/20
to Soft Robotics Toolkit Forum
Hi,
That looks like a Luer fitting. It is used to create airtight connections. On a second look, it also looks like it is a type of connector that allows a material to be fitted with the use of a nut.

These type of fittings are also called a quick-turn tube couplings.

Check this link in McMasterCarr, hope it helps.

Best,