How do I run the spa_create_geom.py in Abaqus

jana.lo...@googlemail.com

Feb 7, 2021, 5:53:54 AM2/7/21
to Soft Robotics Toolkit Forum
https://softroboticstoolkit.com/book/modeling-soft-pneumatic-actuators/downloads

I wanted to construct some of the SPAs of this project and I just started using Python Scripting in Ansys.
I wanted to create a soft actuator with this script, because unfortunately, as far as I've seen, there's only this code and no CAD/ CAE files provided.
So when I save the SPA_create_geom.py script and run it in Abaqus, there's the error "no module named model_utility", meaning I cannot import this module and therefore not run the script. Does anyone know how to solve this? Also, do you know if i need additional code/ scripts provided on the website to make the spa_create_geom.py script running?

The code also states that I should use a wrapper instead of directly running the script, maybe that's the mistake but I don't know what this means.

Also, where in the code do I put my geometry parameters?

If someone could provide a CAD file or CAE file of the actuator, that would be very very nice.

Thank you a lot in advance!