JSON Schema dissolves last differences between SOFEA and similar others (TSA, SOUI, etc.)

prasadgc

Nov 26, 2008, 7:07:36 AM11/26/08
to SOFEA
Kris,

I was very pleased to learn about your JSON Schema initiative. I'm
sure I must have seemed pig-headed to many people on this forum when I
insisted on the XML purity of SOFEA and resisted JSON as a Data
Interchange mechanism. I hope you understand where I was coming from.
If our Front-End Architecture (FEA) is to be truly Service-Oriented
(SO), it must respect one of the basic features of Service-
Orientation, i.e., tight contracts. We must be able to rigorously
define interface data structures and verify the integrity of data that
is actually interchanged. So far, XML Schema has been the only way to
enforce that. Sure, it's clumsy and difficult to work with compared to
JSON, but at least that capability exists.

Now with JSON Schema, the game has changed, and I'll be the first to
admit it. I really welcome this development and wish it all success,
because we can now have ease of use without compromising data
integrity. A JSON-based SOFEA client can now maintain a *verifiable*
contract with a service interface.

I've blogged about this <a href="http://wisdomofganesh.blogspot.com/
2008/11/json-schema-is-game-changer.html">here</a>.

How soon before we can see this implemented and demo-able? :-)

Regards,
Ganesh

Kris Zyp

Nov 26, 2008, 9:02:19 AM11/26/08
to so...@googlegroups.com

> I've blogged about this <a href="http://wisdomofganesh.blogspot.com/
> 2008/11/json-schema-is-game-changer.html">here</a>.

Wow, that is very cool!

> How soon before we can see this implemented and demo-able? :-)

Implementations that I am aware of:
Standalone JavaScript: http://code.google.com/p/jsonschema/
Dojo: http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2008/10/31/json-schema/
Persevere: http://www.persvr.org/ (uses JSON Schema for it's database
tables and defining JS class structure as described here:
http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2008/11/17/evolving-schemas-with-persevere/)
Python: http://code.google.com/p/jsonschema/

Thanks!
Kris

Peter Svensson

Nov 26, 2008, 9:12:57 AM11/26/08
to so...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, Ganesh, thanks for being so cool about this.
Now we can really go forward :)

Cheers,
PS