Error when starting SOFA 1.5.4 on Fedora 32 X86-64

Israel Ramírez Ariza

Aug 10, 2021, 1:02:14 PM8/10/21
to sofastatistics
Hi!

I've installed SOFA as per manual, but when running SETUP.sh get next error:

INFO:root:Putting parent / into sys.path so we can run this from folder of start.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/start.py", line 14, in <module>
    from sofastats import setup_sofastats
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sofastats'

checked installed files at "/usr/share/sofastats"... It seems there were correctly copied also file permissions looks fine, but "start.py" complains about "sofastats" module, which seems to be missing or not available.

Currently using Python 3.8.10.

Any assistance will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Aug 16, 2021, 7:11:48 AM8/16/21
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com

Hi Israel,

Sorry for the delay - my first guess is that the issue is the folder you are running Python from when you load SOFA.

enclosing folder

  |___ sofastats

             |_____ start.py etc

You need to be in the enclosing folder then run something like:

python3 -m sofastats.start

Does that work?

I think the documentation at http://www.sofastatistics.com/wiki/doku.php?id=help:linux_installation might be woefully out-of-date. Is that what you're working from? And did you mean INSTALL.sh?

I might need to re-examine that shell script and redo the on-line docs.

All the best,
Grant

--

---

Israel Ramírez Ariza

Aug 24, 2021, 7:47:01 PM8/24/21
to sofastatistics
Grant:

¡Hi there! Thanks for the response.

Ran python3 -m sofastats.start from /usr/share.  No errors but no SOFASTATS window at all.   Got next messages:

[root@saphire share]# python3 -m sofastats.start
INFO:root:Putting parent /usr into sys.path so we can run this from folder of start.py
INFO:root:Just imported warnings
INFO:root:Just imported datetime
INFO:root:Just imported gettext
INFO:root:Just imported glob
INFO:root:Just imported os
INFO:root:Just imported platform
INFO:root:Just imported shutil
INFO:root:Just imported sqlite3
INFO:root:Just imported sys
INFO:root:Just imported traceback
INFO:root:Just imported wx
INFO:root:Just imported wx.html2
INFO:root:Just identified locale folder
INFO:root:Just installed gettext
INFO:root:Successfully added dbe plug-in 'SQLite'
WARNING:root:Not adding dbe plugin MySQL.
Reason: Import error with "MySQL". Caused by error: No module named 'pymysql'
WARNING:root:Couldn't find path: /usr/share/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_ms_access.py
WARNING:root:Couldn't find path: /usr/share/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_ms_sql.py
WARNING:root:Not adding dbe plugin PostgreSQL.
Reason: Not importing PostgreSQL driver. NB SOFA can only work with  PostgreSQL if its path e.g. "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10.4\bin" is added to your Windows PATH variable. See http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx
Reason: No module named 'psycopg2'
INFO:root:Just checked python version
INFO:root:Just set prog_path
INFO:root:Just got installed version
INFO:root:Just identified installer recovery status
INFO:root:Completed setup_folders successfully.
INFO:root:Imported wx successfully.
INFO:root:Imported hl successfully.
INFO:root:Imported basic_lib successfully.
INFO:root:Imported my_globals successfully.
INFO:root:Imported lib successfully.
INFO:root:Imported my_exceptions successfully.
INFO:root:Imported config_globals successfully.
INFO:root:Imported config_output successfully.
INFO:root:Imported backup_sofa successfully.
INFO:root:Imported getdata successfully.
INFO:root:Imported projects successfully.
INFO:root:Imported projselect successfully.
INFO:root:Imported quotes successfully.
Parent: /usr
INFO:root:About to load Sofastats app
INFO:root:Setting up redirection to '/root/sofastats/_internal/output.txt'

Any idea?