Hello!

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Apr 8, 2010, 7:30:28 AM4/8/10
to sofantastic
Hey everyone! I'm not looking forward to starting work again after lunch today... too much chemistry :( so I thought I'd send an email saying hello. Any distraction welcome haha. It's been a while since I've heard from anyone - so how are we all doing? You're heading off to Florida soon Simon? Is that in May? It'll be a pretty nice summer I'm sure.

Some of the French people from Sittard came to London before Easter, we did all the sights with lots of walking just as when you guys came last year, lots of fun.

Good Easter? Lots of chocolate?

Simon Strompen

Apr 19, 2010, 12:01:02 PM4/19/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
heyhey y'all,
I guess by now you have found other means to deal with your chemistry
overkill, Scott?! I'm trying, too, but not so successfully. Thank god I
will head off to Florida really soon. My flight goes on May 1st.
Hopefully. You never know these days.
I found an apartment last week, yeah yeah. Shared with a physicist
though - freeeeak. Anyway, maybe I should let you know also that there
will be a pool in the complex. The distance to university is 2 miles.
It's 1 hr drive to the atlantic coast and a 1 hr drive to the gulf of
mexico. Weather forecast: from Wednesday on 27°C, clear. Let me know if
I can provide any more information ;).
Marie, are you still planning to go see the shuttle launch in May? Let
me know, I wanna go :)
cheerio

Marie-Laure Daignières

Apr 19, 2010, 3:21:59 PM4/19/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
HELLOOOOO !!!!!
Sorry Scott for this long delay before answering your SOS.
I am also bored (sometimes?) at work, youpi viva la Recherche !
Still in the USA, Philadelphia, working on Fuel Cells membranes for Arkema. It is interesting, but we're still waiting for my project governmental grant, so I should not work on it, but I should bring results so how can I do? And I don't really like my boss. So I looked for something else and found a new position, not far at all. It is development (youpi!) synthesis (beurk), I guess the mix can be rewarding, especially if I can move to the production sites in Texas, from time to time!!! Meet the redneck there :-) And the company is small so they told me "a lot of opportunities, depending of what you like, what you're good at blablabla.." Let's see.
This make us stay a bit longer in the united States, till the end of 2011, and of course if you're in to come and visit us, don't hesitate you are all MORE than welcome. I miss you guys.
I'll be back for end of June in France (quick stay, maybe ten days, maybe two weeks) so if anyone is near to the south of France (Montpellier), let's plan something.

What about you????

Simon we still want to see the shuttle launch but the tickets are not for sale yet and they will probably be sold very very very quickly, so if we can catch them, I'll buy one for you anyway!! Do you plan to come alone ? Where are you going to live?

Simon Strompen

Apr 19, 2010, 3:47:57 PM4/19/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I noticed the tickets aren't for sale yet. I signed up for the
newsletter, so hopefully they'll let us know as soon as it happens. So
far it's just me. I have no friends in Florida ;). Would be great if you
got a ticket for me, too. I want to go for sure. And let me know if you
do, so I don't buy any additional ones.

I'm gonna live in Gainesville. 3 h drive to the space center. If you
need a place to stay no doubt you are more than welcome to.

Marie-Laure Daignières schrieb:
> HELLOOOOO !!!!!
> Sorry Scott for this long delay before answering your SOS.
> I am also bored (sometimes?) at work, youpi viva la Recherche !
> Still in the USA, Philadelphia, working on Fuel Cells membranes for
> Arkema. It is interesting, but we're still waiting for my project
> governmental grant, so I should not work on it, but I should bring
> results so how can I do? And I don't really like my boss. So I looked
> for something else and found a new position, not far at all. It is
> development (youpi!) synthesis (beurk), I guess the mix can be
> rewarding, especially if I can move to the production sites in Texas,
> from time to time!!! Meet the redneck there :-) And the company is
> small so they told me "a lot of opportunities, depending of what you
> like, what you're good at blablabla.." Let's see.
> This make us stay a bit longer in the united States, till the end of
> 2011, and of course if you're in to come and visit us, don't hesitate
> you are all MORE than welcome. I miss you guys.
> I'll be back for end of June in France (quick stay, maybe ten days,
> maybe two weeks) so if anyone is near to the south of France
> (Montpellier), let's plan something.
>
> What about you????
>
> Simon we still want to see the shuttle launch but the tickets are not
> for sale yet and they will probably be sold very very very quickly, so
> if we can catch them, I'll buy one for you anyway!! Do you plan to
> come alone ? Where are you going to live?
>
> On 19/04/2010, *Simon Strompen* <eld...@gmx.de
> <mailto:sofan...@googlegroups.com>.
> sofantastic...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:sofantastic%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/sofantastic?hl=en-GB.

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Apr 22, 2010, 9:15:07 PM4/22/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Haha yeah I survived my chemical misery... I think a large chocolate bar helped. I'm actually on holidays now, I'm in New York, but I'm going home tomorrow. I didn't realise you were still in Philadelphia Marie, I thought that you had a temporary contract. Great news that you've found something new though.

Enjoy the shuttle launch guys - one of the last ever apparently? Part of history!