Happy birthday Rosalba!

Scott Holmes

Sep 18, 2009, 12:50:01 PM9/18/09
to sofantastic
Well...the subject says it all... happy birthday Rosalba!! I hope you're having a good day, with lots of vlaai?

And good luck with the job hunt Marie, I'm sure you'll find something soon :)

Goga

Sep 29, 2009, 5:41:09 PM9/29/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
hey guys!!!

so i'm in malaga, it's so cool!
I'm finishing my spanish course and i'va already started my clases in the university- psychology in spanish is quite difficult, but i will manage!!!
half of erasmus students here are your friends from Germany, Simon...but i'm enjoying it anyway.

I put some pictures Ale asked my about!
http://picasaweb.google.com/piotr.bober0/FestivalDeCortometrajes?authkey=Gv1sRgCOHyhrObztq9Dg#
http://picasaweb.google.com/piotr.bober0/4?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWjpqXYlpyESQ#
http://picasaweb.google.com/piotr.bober0/3?authkey=Gv1sRgCNnZkq7B-7ClzgE#
http://picasaweb.google.com/piotr.bober0/5?authkey=Gv1sRgCPvqxvjNs-iCNw#
http://picasaweb.google.com/piotr.bober0/6?authkey=Gv1sRgCLq_1vLg6biQiwE#

How are you guys??

Take care, G.

Alessandro Luzio

Sep 29, 2009, 11:55:05 PM9/29/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
nice pictures gosia, thank you!
I hope to talk to you soon

hugs

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Nov 28, 2009, 11:35:57 AM11/28/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I believe it's your birthday today Timo? Happy birthday! I hope you're having a good weekend.

How's Malaga treating you Gosia? And Philadelphia Marie??

Alessandro Luzio

Nov 28, 2009, 11:49:37 AM11/28/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
happy birthday fucking crazy!!!

Simon I'm gonna send you the money soon... it's gonna be a good
christmas for your girlfriend... I was sure you already bought the
gift for her in california! the mexican hot sauce I took care of in
the care all the time!
was it hot enough?
bye everybody!

(I'm going back in the old continent soooo soon... and it's still too late!)

Timo Nuijens

Nov 30, 2009, 2:45:05 AM11/30/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hey hey,

Thanks guys, it was my birthday indeed.
Everything is going well here in Holland.
A lot of English students at the moment.
I can feel the winter coming, I think I need a warm vacation soon...

Timo

Nov 30, 2009, 10:31:13 AM11/30/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMOTJE !!!

Sorry I'm late, I was on Thanckgiving's Hollidays - a road-trip through Pennsylvania.
I wish you a lot of success and fun and hapiness!

Marie-Laure Daignières

Nov 30, 2009, 10:33:34 AM11/30/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
About Pennsylvania, I found a job at Arkema. It is research and development on membranes for fuel cells application. It's interesting and well-payed, so I'm more than happy with it (even if the 2h drive a day is tiring).
for Christmas I am flying back to France, and I'm looking forward to seeing my family again!

Stuart Oram

Dec 1, 2009, 6:48:06 AM12/1/09
to sofantastic
hey everyone,

Also sorry about the lateness of the message (I haven't checked hotmail for a while).

Happy Birthday Timo! It's quite chilly in London too (though I like the cold)

How is everybody?

Good news about the job Marie! fuel cells sounds exciting.

I'm living in London now (in my own place, not on the sofa anymore!), and doing a PhD in organic solar cells.

Hope everyone is well :)

Stu

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:33:34 -0500
From: mldaig...@gmail.com
To: sofan...@googlegroups.com

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Dec 1, 2009, 8:05:14 AM12/1/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Solar cells, fuel cells... very environmentally friendly of everyone eh? It's great that you have a really good job Marie :) I'm glad your going to America has worked out well for you.

It really is cold at the moment isn't it? Winter's definitly here. I almost slipped over on ice walking to work this morning, first time this year. Then my bus was late...

And lots of English interns Timo...? I feel sorry for you haha.

Alessandro Luzio

Dec 1, 2009, 11:47:43 AM12/1/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
stui there's anybody working on Organic Thin Film Transistor in you
lab? What'sthe name of your professor? maybe I can come for a postdoc
after the PhD!

chris cruickshank

Dec 11, 2009, 11:51:40 AM12/11/09
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone

its been a while, how are you all doing?? stu where in london are you, im over in london a couple of times a month at the moment cos a load of my friends who graduated last year are there so we should meet up if we can! sounds like everyone is doin ok, im half way through my masters course....and i am bored! i cannot wait to get a job and stop being a student!! ive been applying to a few nuclear power companies to go into their graduate schemes which is pretty cool. ale, when are you back in sicily?? i agree with timo, i think that a very warm vacation is needed, england is fucking freezing!

and for ale simon and timo.... what do you think of the world cup groups???? germany obviously wont go through, but everyone else is looking ok.. argentina have an easy group, but i think if we dont go through i will personally kill maradona.

marie, could you please add my new email to this list, its ccruick...@googlemail.com     i dont really use this one anymore, thanks!

anyway speak soon

topharo

> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:47:43 -0600
> Subject: Re: Hola hola
> From: alel...@hotmail.com
> To: sofan...@googlegroups.com

Keep your friends updated— even when you’re not signed in.

Goga

Feb 3, 2010, 12:04:24 PM2/3/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Haven’t heard from you for a long time! How are you all? Any spectacular/small/ important/huge changes in your lives?

I’m finishing my Erasmus in Malaga, having shity exams in Spanish and trying to enjoy great weather in south of Spain. Now it’s 20 degrees and sun nearly all the time…so after 12th of Feb I’m going for a trip in Andalucia! I guess I will have thermal shock when I come back to Poland…..
and I’m engaged and in love :)

Are you still all in about meeting each other this spring? Ale was talking about beginning of June and Chris- end of May? Berlin? Maybe Budapest or Vienna or Warsaw or somewhere else? For me, it’s better to meet in May as I hope to defend myself in June…

Take care and waiting for news,
Gocha

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Feb 4, 2010, 3:47:39 PM2/4/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gosia and everyone,

Good luck with the exams! I'm sure you'll do well, and be ready to celebrate afterwards? I'm quite jealous of your weather, I'm BORED of winter now :( And since when have you been engaged?! Congratulations!!

I am very keen to meet up this spring. I would like to go to Berlin for sure, but it doesn't have to be this time if everyone would prefer somewhere else? I'm pretty flexible about when I can go away, so it depends on other people I guess.

I'm afraid I have nothing really pectacular/small/important/huge to report, working life is pretty dull really... but Chris, will you be attending the cider festival in Bath next weekend??

Scott

Simon Strompen

Feb 4, 2010, 6:36:08 PM2/4/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all,
Gosia, good news, congratulations. Seems like things are going quite
nicely for you. Except that I wouldn't really want to study now...:p

About the meeting: yeah, would really like to join in as well. However,
I will be in Florida from May to July. Working of course :). So if
Berlin this time - how about before May? Or, how about Florida sometime
between May and July?

how's everyone else?
cheerio
Simon

uuh, cider festival? bah, who would want to go there?! ;)

Scott Galliflent-Holmes schrieb:

> <mailto:alel...@hotmail.com>> napisał(a):

> > stui there's anybody working on Organic Thin Film Transistor in you
> > lab? What'sthe name of your professor? maybe I can come for a
> postdoc
> > after the PhD!
> >
> > 2009/12/1 Scott Galliflent-Holmes <scottp...@gmail.com

> <mailto:scottp...@gmail.com>>:

> > > Solar cells, fuel cells... very environmentally friendly of
> everyone eh?
> > > It's great that you have a really good job Marie :) I'm glad
> your going to
> > > America has worked out well for you.
> > >
> > > It really is cold at the moment isn't it? Winter's definitly
> here. I almost
> > > slipped over on ice walking to work this morning, first time
> this year. Then
> > > my bus was late...
> > >
> > > And lots of English interns Timo...? I feel sorry for you haha.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Stuart Oram

> <stuar...@hotmail.co.uk <mailto:stuar...@hotmail.co.uk>>

> checked hotmail

> I like the

> anymore!), and

> <mailto:sofan...@googlegroups.com>

> interesting and
> drive a day is
> forward to

> road-trip through

> more than

> vacation soon...

Alessandro Luzio

Feb 4, 2010, 8:21:10 PM2/4/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
work? what's work? something to eat?

no more usa please... I need european shit for a long while..
I cannot join you before May, so summer is gonna be a better option to meet al together... so well maybe Berlin another time and SICILY THIS SUMMER EVERYBODY? or any other sunny place is ok to me.. I mean.. anywhere in summer?

Ale

Marie-Laure Daignières

Feb 4, 2010, 11:29:52 PM2/4/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys !

Thanks Gosia for having bringing this group back to life! And congrats for your good news, I'm very happy for you!
I'm will be in the USA at least til the end of the year, so no meeting for me in Berlin or Sicily -I plan to meet you guys very soon after my come back, though.

Zim-Zimon... it is almost sure now I will be in Orlando from the 14th to the 16th of May (there is a space shuttle launch in the Kennedy Space Center!!!!) so what about meeting there, even if it is only for one (or two?) drinks ?! Let's talk about that.

I miss you a lot, and think about you very often... take car my friends!

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Feb 5, 2010, 3:42:06 AM2/5/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Morning guys!

It's nice to hear from you :) I'm afraid when I said I'm flexible...I meant in May/June haha... I'm already on holiday in mid- to late April, so I can't really go away in that month, and I'm not allowed time off in early March (some sort of important conference thing). It'd be great if we can find a time we can all go outside then (of course, we can't go to Germany without the German! I hear that sort of thing's not safe ;-) haha), but obviously I'd understand if that was the only time everyone else can do.

Scott

PS cider's yummy Simon!

Stuart Oram

Feb 5, 2010, 7:55:15 AM2/5/10
to sofantastic
Afternoon everyone! (or whatever it is for people on the other side of the atlantic!)

As Scott said, it's good to hear from everyone. Congratulations Gosia!

I also have little in the way of news, still finding my feet with the PhD.

A trip to Berlin in the summer is probably the only one feasible option for me, living in London is expensive so  won't be able to afford any transatlantic trips (or even trips to sicily if the flights are still as expensive as they were last time), it will also depend on when my transfer exam is.

Let me know if anyone is planning on coming to London too, I'm here all year, every year till 2012!

Is anybody going to the MACRO 2010 RSC conference in Glasgow this July?

Ale, sorry I haven't been in touch about professors in at ICL yet, I have asked around a bit, in the chemistry department there's Prof. Iain McCulloch and Prof James Durant, in Physics there's Prof. Jenny Nelson and in the department of Materials there's Dr Sandrine Heutz. I think the best thing to do is just go to www.imperial.ac.uk and search plastic electronics, one of the links should be the centre for plastic electronics from there you can click on all the research groups' links to their pages. There's also the London Centre For Nanotechnology, I don't know much about it other than that it is based in the royal school of mines at imperial and they do stuff with plastic electronics, might be worth a look.

Congratulations again Gosia! and good luck with your exams

Stu

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:42:06 +0000
From: scottp...@gmail.com
To: sofan...@googlegroups.com

Alessandro Luzio

Feb 5, 2010, 8:45:19 AM2/5/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
thanks man, I'll have a look!

bye

(summer in berlin!!!)

Simon Strompen

Feb 6, 2010, 8:15:44 AM2/6/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
You know, I wouldn't go to Berlin. It's really dangerous if you don't
know your way around and if you don't speak the language of the 'hood.
It might get better in August though....
okaaaaay, I see. just go without me then...;)

Marie, sounds great. There aren't so many space shuttle launches in
germany so that would definitely be a really cool thing to see. Driving
down to Orlando should also be no problem. So, let's talk more detail soon.

have a great weekend everyone
Simon

Alessandro Luzio wrote:
> [...]

> > after the PhD!
> >
> > 2009/12/1 Scott Galliflent-Holmes
> <scottp...@gmail.com
> <mailto:scottp...@gmail.com>

> <mailto:scottp...@gmail.com

> <mailto:scottp...@gmail.com>>>:
>
> > > Solar cells, fuel cells... very
> environmentally friendly of
> everyone eh?
> > > It's great that you have a really good job
> Marie :) I'm glad
> your going to
> > > America has worked out well for you.
> > >
> > > It really is cold at the moment isn't it?
> Winter's definitly
> here. I almost
> > > slipped over on ice walking to work this
> morning, first time
> this year. Then
> > > my bus was late...
> > >
> > > And lots of English interns Timo...? I feel
> sorry for you haha.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Stuart Oram

Alessandro Luzio

Feb 6, 2010, 9:04:33 AM2/6/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Simon I have to pay you a plenty of beers, don't you remember? you must be with us in berlin

So what about August? I'm pretty cool about it, maybe my fucking birthday all together! it's also good to me coz August in sicily is fucking hot, so some days in germany may be refreshing...

berlin in August

who would be in?

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Feb 11, 2010, 11:16:12 AM2/11/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Berlin in August sounds like a great idea to me! A nice little summer holiday, and for your birthday too Ale ;-)

I want it to be the weekend nooooooooow :(, 5 days is just too long to work without a break.

Simon Strompen

Feb 11, 2010, 12:48:24 PM2/11/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
hehe, totally agree Scott. Work sucks, and 5 days is just an insanely
long time.

Ale, how could I remember that someone owes me beer!? ;).
So, I'm unfortunately only free on two weekends in August. That is the
14h/15 th and the last weekend in August, 28th/29th. And any day during
the week basically except the first week (since I will be working
non-stop in Florida from May to July I was thinking to add a week of
vacation there :).

So, Ale's 21st birthday is on August 16th if Facebook doesn't lie.
Works, doesn't it? :).
Who else is in? Any preferences for dates already??

take care

Scott Galliflent-Holmes wrote:
> [...]

> meeting there,
> even if it is only for one (or two?) drinks ?!
> Let's talk
> about that.
>
> I miss you a lot, and think about you very often...
> take car
> my friends!
>

> On 4 February 2010 20:21, Alessandro Luzio
> <alel...@hotmail.com <mailto:alel...@hotmail.com>

> <mailto:alel...@hotmail.com
> <mailto:alel...@hotmail.com>>> wrote:
>
> work? what's work? something to eat?
>
> no more usa please... I need european shit for
> a long while..
> I cannot join you before May, so summer is
> gonna be a
> better option to meet al together... so well
> maybe Berlin
> another time and SICILY THIS SUMMER EVERYBODY?
> or any
> other sunny place is ok to me.. I mean..

Marie-Laure Daignières

Feb 12, 2010, 1:30:44 PM2/12/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Ale ?!!! You're 21?!!!
HE IS 21!!!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!
21!!?
HE IS 21!!!
21!!....

[Message clipped]

Alessandro Luzio

Feb 12, 2010, 4:03:22 PM2/12/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
actually there's a mistake, I'm only 11, sorry, but I'm growing up fast

Scott Galliflent-Holmes

Feb 14, 2010, 5:30:55 AM2/14/10
to sofan...@googlegroups.com
Ahhhh they grow up so fast... :)