#525 - SledgeNews

Jayenkai

Jul 15, 2021, 5:37:29 AM7/15/21
to Socoder Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Weekly Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; SledgeNews
#525 - Thursday 15th July, 2021

[subscribe]

Every Thursday, Renumbering a couple of the newsletters and hoping nobody notices.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Print
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Hello World

This week, I've broken JSE, fixed it, broken it more, and hopefully fixed it again.
Today's break was to do with the "Flip False" functionality, and it's so amazingly knackered that I've now removed the ability to add False to the Flip!
It was completely locking up the browser, for reasons I can't quite understand, bypassing my Timeout functionality.
Very odd.

Meanwhile, I released a "proper" game, but apparently it's so magnificently overpowering that it barely runs on anyone's systems.
D'oh!!
That's one downside to doing all your dev on a MacBook M1.  ..  You can no longer judge "Not super-powered" systems.
I might have to boot up my old Win Laptop and do some stress testing on it.
Can't rely on Remote Desktop trials.  The Remote Desktop itself seems to slow down the browser quite a bit.
Grrr.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoCoder
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Test
TheRevillsGames posts a test.
You won't believe what happened next...!!!  OMG!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoStayIndoors
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Lockdown Ends
We're about 5 days away from The Official End. (unless things change drastically between now and Monday, which they likely will at the rate things are going.)

Lockdown is to be lifted COMPLETELY, including the need to wear a face mask.

Now the general "suggestion" is that it's "probably" a "good idea" to wear a mask indoors, in a busy place.

Public Transport companies seem to be undecided, but of the opinion that there should be a "Need a Mask onboard" scenario, but as of writing that's not 100% decided upon.

Everything's up in the air, at the minute, which is probably a safer place to be than on the ground with all of the infectious people.
How long until the next Lockdown!?
Who could say.

We're getting back to normal.
Stay safe.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoGood
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; RPi Find
ProHiScore gets an RPi from a thrift store.
He hasn't booted it up yet.
We patiently await the results!

; Dangerous
Rick is his first name

; Insane
Richard Branson is no longer a Space Virgin

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoNotSoGood
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Boring Compo
Can you make art out of squares?
Of course you can.
It isn't hard.

; Editing for Data
A sound editor that comes with added SpyWare..?  The Audacity...

; Selling for Millions
Mario 64 reaches an astronomical value at auction.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
KiloTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Epic Trick Shot

; Mouse in the House

; Spirit in the Sky again

; This Blows

; Gaz Top Sings
..well, at least it isn't Gilbert

; Sausages

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MegaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; LEGO + Paper

; Circular Pool

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
GigaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Clues..
Kodak uncover a shocking secret..

; Quiz
Linus hosts a gameshow.
And it's good!!  And completely unique and original.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
70s Cover Corner
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-