#545 - Call News

Jayenkai

Dec 2, 2021, 7:02:48 AM12/2/21
to Socoder Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Weekly Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Call News
#545 - Thursday 02nd December, 2021

[subscribe]

Every Thursday, it's really getting shockingly cold, this week.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Print
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Advent!!
December means one thing, at SoCoder.
Boxes of tat with photos and more, and a giant sprawling, difficult to follow, creative thread.
Woohoo!!!

The Badvent thread features Jay and Rockford comparing their usual eclectic mixes of oddness.

Meanwhile, this year's Advent of Creativity already features tales of Xmas past, and a picture of a tree.
Oh my god, it's Christmas!!!

Have fun.
Be creative.
And wear a mask.
Merry Xmas to all!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoCoding
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Blast3D
Steve lets us know of 3D dev-suite, which may or may not contain bits of Blitz3D..?
I can't find any information.
All I do know is that their website doesn't seem to work properly for me.

; OUYA Jam
Another Jam for the little box that still can.
...  if you can wrangle Java and Android SDKs to behave properly.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoGoOutside
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Get out while you can, but wear a mask when you do.

ProHiScore wonders about a boat museum.
Sounds like a great day out, but I'm not sure my motion sickness goes too well with boats.
Hmmm..

Best thing..  the online shop sells an official Haynes manual for the ship!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoOnTopic
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Happy Birthday, BBC Micro
The originator of Podd going pop, the BBC Micro was a super important computer for kids growing up in the 80s.
While the Speccy was the one in the home, the BBC was the one at school, usually seen on a desk with wheels.

; C64 Music Mix
Glen McNamee compiled a great collection of C64 mixes on SoundCloud, much to  Pakz's delight.
He points us in the right direction.
(Good grief, though, Soundcloud's giving the whole Advertising thing a go, eh?)

; Pocket Chip 2
A site has appeared for a next-gen PocketChip.
The original handheld device had a 480x272 screen, and a little bubble-button keyboard on it.
There doesn't seem to be any information as to what the new version is, but it might be worth keeping an eye on it, just in case!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoCommerciallyAvailable
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Return of the Quest
Classic dungeon-crawling board game Heroquest makes a welcome return.

; Twittervision
Kuron discovers an amazing new product.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
KiloTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Severely lacking in Tubage, this week.
I can only apologise.  Been watching TV and Netflix.
Doctor Who AND Star Trek in the same week as the new live-action Cowboy Bebop appears?
It wasn't a good week for me watching endless YouTube crap!

; Merry Xmas

; Puppets in Need
I missed this bit of Children in Need, this year.
Glad it's on the Tubes..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MegaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-