#532 - News Fever

Jayenkai

Sep 2, 2021, 6:02:26 AM9/2/21
to Socoder Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Weekly Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; News Fever
#532 - Thursday 02nd September, 2021

[subscribe]

Every Thursday, Untying my left shoelace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Print
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Coming soon to SoCoder.
Each user will receive a small glass orb with the SoCoder logo etched into it, along with their username.

Instead of a password, you'll need to have your Webcam enabled, and be sure that the SoCoder Ball and your username is visible in your right hand at all times.  You'll also have to ensure your face is visible, too.

We understand that this might cause typing issues, but it's infinitely safer than using those old fashioned passwords, which can easily be stolen.

Please remember to untie your left shoelace before logging in.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoCoder
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Flapping Progress
Rychan gets back his coding mojo back and works on a whole lot more Flap Happy Gameboy-edition.
Video included!

; A Boatload of Balls
Jay posts a game where you need to get the little balls to fall into the scoring cups, whilst shooting the targets, all whilst swaying back and forth in a little rowboat.
If all that sounds incredibly complicated, just remember that Jay made it, so it's actually a whole lot more basic and simplified when all is said and done.
This game is the same SmileBASIC game he did last week, but rewritten using JSE.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoHardware
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Overheating
Rychan battles with an overheating system

; Windows 11
Remember Remember, the fifth of October.
Windows Eleven arrives.
Breaking computers through all of the land,
And making us part of its hive.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoOffTopic
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; OUYA Up
OUYA Down
The ongoing saga of OUYAForum and the possible return of a site that only 7 or 8 people ever visit.

; Looking After Pets
If I videoed myself constantly harassing my cat, Molly, and picking her up for cuddles even though she's desperately trying to run the hell away, then my videos probably wouldn't look all that pleasant.
Steve runs into a similar issue with videos of his cockatiels.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoMuchMore
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Making Music
Rychan ponders the probability of making an auto-music generator in his NES/Gameboy games.
Can it be done?!
And will it be good?
There's only one way to find out!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
KiloTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Driving Ecto-1
Adam gets to have a drive!

; Musical Puddles

; Eek Eek Quack

; Musical Puddles

; Eek Eek Quack

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MegaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; It's a Puppet
Apparently, all the kids on Brookside Close used to love this show..?

; C64 Rarity
A super-rare C64?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
GigaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; There's Something Down There

; Abandoning the Park

; Exploring the Park

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sky Gone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Closure

; Farewell, Sky One
As "Sky One" comes to an end, let's take a look back at one of the early shows.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Classic Cover Corner
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Meme Cover Corner
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

VGRemix Corner

...people who write scripts to post videos of the original 8bit soundtracks of games to YouTube, and include a picture of the cover, so that when you search for "c64 cover" you get flooded with automated bollocks..

THEY ARE ALL BASTARDS.

PakzPlaysPop

{ Load, Next List!