#506 - Anarchy in the Newsletter

Jayenkai

Mar 4, 2021, 6:57:19 AM3/4/21
to Socoder Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Weekly Newsletter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Anarchy in the Newsletter
#506 - Thursday 04th March, 2021

[subscribe]

Every Thursday, Still Learning

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Print
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Hello World!

I emailed myself the half-complete newsletter, today.

That's what I used to do, back in the Windows days.  But ever since I switched to a MacBook, I've instead been using Notes to cross the newsletter between iPad and Laptop, without having to email it to myself.
Old habits, though..

Maybe this'll be the last time my email gets a preview of the newsletter?
Who knows.

Also, I'm still frequently hitting Copy and Paste incorrectly, due to the whole "Ctrl vs Alt" switch on Mac.  My fingers are used to certain offsets, and it's just not right!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoCoder
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; How's Things?
A fresh "How Are You?" thread, for this year, checking in with everyone.  Feel free to moan and whinge about everything from minor worries to major traumas.
Let us know how you're doing, and how everyone's managing at home.

; Spinal's Spanner
Spinal comes upon a spanner in the works, as SpinalWatch's companion Android App hits a stumbling blocks.
If you've any experience with Android dev, go and help him out!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoStayIndoors
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh god, Budget Day..

It honestly didn't sound as bad as I'd thought it would.  The money's gotta come from somewhere so tax hikes were inevitable,
Could've done with more 50%+ tax hikes on decent sized businesses and the like, though.
.. Although to be honest, most of them are already leaving the country, anyway, so ..?

Meanwhile, the furlough has been extended until September, so we can all be sure that lockdown will definitely end by June/July.
Yes indeed!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoGoogly
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Web Icons
Google have created a set of Icons to go alongside their Fonts, so that we can all have nice crisp icon sets on our websites.
Blend in, and become the same, or else..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SoMuchMore
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Tooth Talk
Steve has to go to the dentist.
But what are dentists like, in a post-Covid age!?

; Slow Progress
Jay continues to work on his Scripting Engine, but at an alarmingly dumb rate.
This certainly isn't the usual AGameAWeek pace, that's for sure.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
KiloTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; One-Liner
Epic wave!

; Children's Hour
A house, with a door.

; Revenge is a Custard Tart
Beware!!

; Goo-Pie does Curry
You aren't getting me eating he horrible Goo-Pie crust just by adding curry to the mix.

; Pizza
Better than a Goo-Pie!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MegaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Time Trap
A short film by Michael Shanks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
GigaTube
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

; Demo
LGR installs a Demo

; Deserted
Nostalgia Nerd revisits a classic castaway screensaver

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
70s Cover Corner

TVCover Corner

Play here