Server interface specification?

copb.p...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2016, 6:37:35 PM7/9/16
to sockjs
Is there any documentation on the interface a server must expose to be compatible with a sockjs client?

Yes, I'm aware I could dive into sockjs-client's source code, and I'm getting ready to dive into the tornado (server) implementation's source to see what I can learn, but is there somewhere that publicly exposed interface spec is detailed instead of having to quasi-reverse engineer it?

I ask because I'm strong in python but weak in javascript, and while I can appreciate that the main target is probably node.js I want to try to get a server implementation running on Django-Channels. No such implementation exists and I think it may be of benefit to sink my bets into that bin. (Django-Channels does have SOME support to become part of mainline Django in the future, though this is stalled based on discussions between Django proper and Channels dev.)

Thanks for your time in advance.

copb.p...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2016, 11:43:35 PM7/10/16
to sockjs, copb.p...@gmail.com
Two things.

One, you'll find a history of me being an idiot strewn across the web. My bad.

Two, I found it. Nevermind. The test suite is even (thankfully!) in python.

Perhaps consider making more clear where spec is posted. Be well and keep doing what you folks do ^_^