Quota...

Sigurd Magnusson

Jan 21, 2008, 4:49:08 PM1/21/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Jason. Sorry to bug, but a lot of students, and myself, have exceeded
their quota for uploads, and I even have to use a CAPTCHA when doing
much of my work. I can only see this as a good thing since it shows
how much activity is happening, but if there's a way to reset quotas
on the SilverStripe project, that'd be awesome, as we're getting files
scattered all over the place from which we review the work.

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 5:45:22 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason

The same thing is happening for us over in Drupal land.  If you could reset our quotas as well that would be great.

Thanks
Adam Light

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 21, 2008, 5:54:59 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam and Sigurd,

Your accounts have been reset. I can reset the limits for other users
of your projects, but need to know which individuals need help - just
let me know.

Cheers,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source

http://code.google.com/opensource/

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 6:00:30 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 21, 2008 4:54 PM, Leslie Hawthorn <lhaw...@google.com> wrote:

Hi Adam and Sigurd,

Your accounts have been reset.  I can reset the limits for other users
of your projects, but need to know which individuals need help - just
let me know.

Cheers,
LH

Leslie

Thanks for resetting my account.  One of the mentors is also having a problem uploading files.  His account is dmitrig01 AT gmail . com

Thanks
Adam

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 21, 2008, 7:58:31 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

On Jan 22, 2008 10:00 AM, Adam Light <acl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leslie
>
> Thanks for resetting my account. One of the mentors is also having a
> problem uploading files. His account is dmitrig01 AT gmail . com

Should be fixed now.

Cheers,
LH

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 8:38:05 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 21, 2008 6:58 PM, Leslie Hawthorn <lhaw...@google.com> wrote:

Hi Adam,

On Jan 22, 2008 10:00 AM, Adam Light <acl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leslie
>
> Thanks for resetting my account.  One of the mentors is also having a
> problem uploading files.  His account is dmitrig01 AT gmail . com

Should be fixed now.

Cheers,
LH

Thanks Leslie.

Adam

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 9:30:33 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leslie

Sorry to bother you again, but we've got another student in the Drupal project who is getting the quota exceeded messages.  His account is kourge at gmail . com

Thanks
Adam Light

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 21, 2008, 9:58:08 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
Hi Adam,

You're not bothering me - fixed. :)

Amy Stephen

Jan 21, 2008, 10:02:49 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Leslie -

We are also still having quota problems for the entire project.

We have been uploading results to a website (JoomlaPlace.org) and a special directory for this work. Then, linking to the work. One of the Google guys (sorry, I do not remember the name) indicated that videos, etc., could be handled that way.

But, we are unable to upload anything - none of the students can.

We still have all of the material. We link to it each time. And, we close and claim tasks in the same manner.

I figured eventually, we would get it all resolved. Just thought I'd through it out again. We are out of space!

Thanks!
Amy :)

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 21, 2008, 10:14:49 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

On Jan 22, 2008 2:02 PM, Amy Stephen <amyst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leslie -
>
> We are also still having quota problems for the entire project.
>
> We have been uploading results to a website (JoomlaPlace.org) and a special
> directory for this work. Then, linking to the work. One of the Google guys
> (sorry, I do not remember the name) indicated that videos, etc., could be
> handled that way.
>
> But, we are unable to upload anything - none of the students can.

I am sorry to hear this, my understanding was that it had been fixed.
I've increased your space quota, so you should be able to upload files
now. Please check and let me know.

> We still have all of the material. We link to it each time. And, we close
> and claim tasks in the same manner.

That's great, thanks.

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 10:21:55 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

I am sorry to hear this, my understanding was that it had been fixed.
I've increased your space quota, so you should be able to upload files
now.  Please check and let me know.

Leslie

The student I just wrote you about, kourge, tells me that he still cannot upload anything.  We're hosting all of the work internally on drupal.org as well, so if the problem persists until tomorrow this isn't a crisis (at least for us), but can you check and see if there's anything wrong with his account that you can see.  He said he logged out and back in and that still didn't fix the problem.

Thanks a lot
Adam Light

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 10:32:05 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

Leslie

We have yet another student who is hitting a quota.  His/her comment is at http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-drupal/issues/detail?id=57#c14.

I don't know the actual google account but I assume you can figure it out based on the comment.  If not please let me know and I'll try to get it from the student.

I doubt that most of the students who are running into this problem have really exceeded their quota.  One of the problem accounts was an admin and probably hadn't uploaded anything at all.

Thanks again
Adam

Jason Robbins

Jan 21, 2008, 10:40:50 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

There is a per-user quota on the number of comments and attachments,
but there is also a project-wide quota on the number of bytes used by
all attachments. The google-highly-open-participation-joomla had
reached that quota. I reset it for you, so you have another 50MB of
space for attachments to use. Depending on what you do with it, 50MB
might not be very much. So, if you have really laarge files, you
should probably place them someplace other than in attachments.

Thanks,
jason!

Sigurd Magnusson

Jan 21, 2008, 10:46:12 PM1/21/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Jason, can you reset my account's quota, sigurdmagnusson, and the
three students who have passed their GHOP 15-task threshold but who
are battling for supremacy? :)

welsh.simon
jefftchan
wojtek.szkutnik

And up the silverstripe project limit if it is reasonable to do so?

Thanks!

Siggy

Adam Light

Jan 21, 2008, 11:28:42 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 21, 2008 9:40 PM, Jason Robbins <jrob...@google.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

There is a per-user quota on the number of comments and attachments,
but there is also a project-wide quota on the number of bytes used by
all attachments.  The google-highly-open-participation-joomla had
reached that quota.  I reset it for you, so you have another 50MB of
space for attachments to use.  Depending on what you do with it, 50MB
might not be very much.  So, if you have really laarge files, you
should probably place them someplace other than in attachments.

Thanks,
jason!

Hi Jason

I'm not sure if you've done this already, but could you up the Drupal project quota please or check on it.  I keep getting reports from several students about not being able to upload anything.

Thanks
Adam

Angela Byron

Jan 21, 2008, 11:30:36 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 21, 2008 10:46 PM, Sigurd Magnusson <sigurdm...@gmail.com> wrote:

And up the silverstripe project limit if it is reasonable to do so?

Drupal's as well, please.

In fact, if you could bump all projects up to like 6 TB or so... (j/k :))

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 21, 2008, 11:56:32 PM1/21/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com

Adam and Angie, I've substantially increased your storage quota, so
your student should now be able to upload.

Sigurd, your students are taken care of and your storage quota has
been increased.

Jason Robbins

Jan 22, 2008, 12:06:57 AM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 21, 2008 7:46 PM, Sigurd Magnusson <sigurdm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason, can you reset my account's quota, sigurdmagnusson, and the
> three students who have passed their GHOP 15-task threshold but who
> are battling for supremacy? :)

Done.

> welsh.simon
> jefftchan
> wojtek.szkutnik

Actually, these did not need to be reset. The per-user action limit
is 60 issue comments in a 24 hour period, it resets automatically on
the first action that happs more than 24 hours after the most recent
reset. These users all had just a few actions counted in the last 24
hours.

> And up the silverstripe project limit if it is reasonable to do so?

OK, google-highly-open-participation-silverstripe now has another 50MB
of attachment quptas.

Thanks,
jason!

Jason Robbins

Jan 22, 2008, 12:08:00 AM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
> Actually, these did not need to be reset. The per-user action limit
> is 60 issue comments in a 24 hour period, it resets automatically on
> the first action that happs more than 24 hours after the most recent
> reset. These users all had just a few actions counted in the last 24
> hours.

Ah, Leslie beat me to it, that is why.

Thanks,
jason!

Jason Robbins

Jan 22, 2008, 12:17:16 AM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
> Drupal's as well, please.
>
> In fact, if you could bump all projects up to like 6 TB or so... (j/k :))

google-highly-open-participation-drupal can now have another 50MB of
attachments.

Sorry, 50MB at a time is all I can do right now. We need to make some
improvements to that particular feature to better support the use
cases that GHOP is using. Until then, I'm glad to provide support
when needed.

Thanks,
jason!

Sigurd Magnusson

Jan 22, 2008, 4:37:06 AM1/22/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Thanks you two :)

Doug Hellmann

Jan 27, 2008, 9:17:49 PM1/27/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
It looks like the PSF project has hit our quota, too. We have a few
contestants who can't post their final tasks. Can we have a bit more
space?

Thanks,
Doug

On Jan 22, 12:06 am, "Jason Robbins" <jrobb...@google.com> wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 7:46 PM, Sigurd Magnusson <sigurdmagnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Jason, can you reset my account'squota, sigurdmagnusson, and the

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 27, 2008, 11:17:04 PM1/27/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

On Jan 28, 2008 1:17 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like the PSF project has hit our quota, too. We have a few
> contestants who can't post their final tasks. Can we have a bit more
> space?

PSF's quota has been increased. If you still have any problems please
let me know.

Anyone else having difficulties?

Best,

Doug Hellmann

Jan 28, 2008, 2:07:36 PM1/28/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Hmm, our contestant is still having problems uploading his file. His
id is "SpencerDavis91".

Doug

On Jan 27, 11:17 pm, "Leslie Hawthorn" <lhawth...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Doug,

Jason Robbins

Jan 28, 2008, 3:48:22 PM1/28/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
> It looks like the PSF project has hit our quota, too. We have a few
> contestants who can't post their final tasks. Can we have a bit more
> space?

Just now, reset the attachment upload limit for
google-highly-open-participation-psf.

Thanks,
jason!

Doug Hellmann

Jan 28, 2008, 3:55:13 PM1/28/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 28, 2008, 5:11:19 PM1/28/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Can you tell me in which screen of the admin console this is done, or
does it need to be done via script?

Cheers,
LH

Jason Robbins

Jan 28, 2008, 8:38:24 PM1/28/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
> Can you tell me in which screen of the admin console this is done, or
> does it need to be done via script?

Unfortunately there is no UI for editing the quota on issue attachment
storage space.
I use a command-line to update bigtable directly.

Nathan has been working on implementing an admin UI for it, but I
don't think that it will be in this week's release, probably next
week.

Thanks,
jason!

Leslie Hawthorn