T - 1 Day to Announcement of GHOP Grand Prize Winners

LH (Leslie Hawthorn)

Feb 10, 2008, 5:17:26 PM2/10/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Hello everyone,

Before I get into the status laundry list, just a quick note on the
trip to the Googleplex; we're targeting early May for the visit, but
we'll be flexible to accomodate all of our winners' schedules. I'll
be starting a private Google Group later this week for planning the
trip, so please start thinking about which mentor from your
organization will be representing you for the visit. Yes, your trip
expenses will be covered as outlined in the contest rules:

http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/rules.html

Here's a status update on all things GHOP Grand Prize-ly.

ASF:
winner contacted, no response
- We are good to announce your winner, as we do have a parental
consent form on file. It would be nice to get in touch with him
before we do the announcement, though - have an alternate way to
contact him?

Drupal:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & to talk to the
press
- All systems go!

GNOME:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & to talk to the
press
- All systems go!

Joomla!:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & talk to the press
(waiting for confirmation from parents on press)
- All systems go, modulo permission from parents; will hold any press
contact until we get it

MoinMoin:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & talk to the press
(waiting for confirmation from parents on press)
- All systems go, modulo permission from parents; will hold any press
contact until we get it

Mono:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & talk to the press
(waiting for confirmation from parents on press); parental consent
form not on file, but will be turned in by 8 AM Pacific time tomorrow
- All systems go, modulo permission from parents & consent form on
file; will hold announcement until form received and any press contact
until we hear from parents

Moodle:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & talk to the press
(waiting for confirmation from parents on press)
- All systems go, modulo permission from parents; will hold any press
contact until we get it

Plone:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & to talk to the
press
- All systems go!

PSF:
winner contacted, no response yet
AFAICT, we have no parental consent form on file. We have to hold
announcement until we have one on file or know we do not need it.

SilverStripe:
winner contacted, permission given to link to blog & talk to the press
(waiting for confirmation from parents on press)
- All systems go, modulo permission from parents; will hold any press
contact until we get it

Please hold off on sending me names for the trip to the Googleplex
until I ask for them on-list. Any questions, ask away.

Thanks for all your help, yet again, everyone.

Cheers,
LH

Sigurd Magnusson

Feb 12, 2008, 7:46:49 PM2/12/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
> ... just a quick note on the trip to the Googleplex; we're targeting early Mayfor the visit ...

One or two SilverStripers will be over from NZ for MySQL Conf (14-17
April) and possibly Web3Expo (week after) so that timing works very
well in terms of air miles :)