Please Change Task Statuses to Deleted

LH (Leslie Hawthorn)

Jan 22, 2008, 9:44:21 PM1/22/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Hello folks,

We've had a student claim a task post deadline, so please set the
status of all your remaining GHOP issues to "deleted". This will help
minimize confusion and keep the experience for our student
participants positive.

Cheers,
LH

Amy Stephen

Jan 22, 2008, 9:47:11 PM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Earlier this morning, after the deadline, I changed Joomla!'s unclaimed tasks to Withdrawn.

Will that be sufficient?

Thanks!
Amy :)
--
AmySt...@gmail.com
http://OpenSourceCommunity.org

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 22, 2008, 9:48:48 PM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
That's fanastic, too.

Cheers,
LH
--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source

http://code.google.com/opensource/

Sigurd Magnusson

Jan 22, 2008, 9:57:27 PM1/22/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Done at our end.

PS. We'll mention publicly that we'd love for people, ex-GHOPers or
otherwise, to complete the tasks that are marked 'Deleted', making it
clear it has nothing to do with GHOP but that all of those tasks are
fun to do and helpful to the SilverStripe project.

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 22, 2008, 10:01:57 PM1/22/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you direct folks back to your infrastructure and sites.  Again, I don't want anyone to be confused about getting contest credit or about how 'normal' open source participation is supposed to work.  The contest is meant to be an introductory learning excercise in this regard.

elin

Jan 23, 2008, 5:11:22 PM1/23/08
to GHOP Contest Administrative List
Leslie,

There was a mixup on the task Amy changed to Withdrawn because I had
labelled it with the wrong student name, even though the correct
student has been actively doing the work and communicating on our
forum. So, I changed it back to claimed and put the right student
name on it, but it was after the deadline for claiming, so I hope it
doesn't cause confusion. Totally my fault.

Elin

On Jan 22, 10:01 pm, "Leslie Hawthorn" <lhawth...@google.com> wrote:
> Make sure you direct folks back to your infrastructure and sites. Again, I
> don't want anyone to be confused about getting contest credit or about how
> 'normal' open source participation is supposed to work. The contest is
> meant to be an introductory learning excercise in this regard.

Leslie Hawthorn

Jan 23, 2008, 5:19:57 PM1/23/08
to sockh...@googlegroups.com
That's totally fine, mistakes happen.  Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
LH