socketstream 0.4 events?

sv savage

Jan 29, 2015, 9:11:13 PM1/29/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have been looking at different systems,  https://github.com/cliftonc/calipso  has a interesting event structure.  I like socketstream because it is single page app and the effort is put into the message routing.  I like the coding style.  I wrote a library like this using golang https://github.com/greenpdx/gowss.  I am interested in improving the routing and events.  I am less than stellar coder in javascript.  So it my code contribution may be small but i can help debug.

I am interested  in using this as embedded controller base.

Henrik Vendelbo

Apr 5, 2015, 6:30:44 AM4/5/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
That sounds excellent. I'm a core contributor and know my way around the client asset building. I've been wanting to look at the streaming logic for quite a while so I'd be happy to help you with code reviews and suggestions. I'm also curious to try out a bit of Go, so feel free to illustrate with Go code.

I think the biggest contribution would be to set up an E2E test for clustering and user sessions working reliably. We have to longstanding issues which have been hard to nail, and a stress test solution would be a huge help. It would also show how mature the codebase is.

Feel free to raise an issue or pull request.