Re: Digest for socketstream@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Shaun Savage

Jan 10, 2015, 4:11:45 PM1/10/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would like to add ZMQ protocol to socketstream.   I am looking at JSMQ and NetMQ.Websocket.  My javascript is not the best but i think i can get something working.

I would like some ideas on how to do it from the architect on what would be the best way to do that.

shaun

On 01/10/2015 06:26 AM, socket...@googlegroups.com wrote:
Paul Jensen <paulb...@gmail.com>: Jan 10 12:30AM -0800

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the compliments.

With regards to plans for SocketStream in 2015, we started a Trello board
to track features that we'd like to ship. They are the following:

- Improving documentation (help people to answer the various questions they
have)
- Abstract asset bundling, so that you can use different asset bundlers
like requirejs and the latest browserify
- Upgrade old dependencies (engine.io, connect) so that SocketStream is
up-to-date and can work with other server-side rendering frameworks
- Get the codebase linted
- Get the test code coverage improved, plus more tests
- Make SocketStream's codebase more modular, so that you can use different
pieces without having to adopt the entire framework.

There are also other ideas that we've got in mind. If anyone wants access
to the Trello board, please ask.

Within the last month, I expanded the core team to include Robert Hall,
Henrik Vendelbo, and Joshua "Wylie" Cullick. They've been involved with
SocketStream quite a bit over the last few years - building applications,
plugins, making updates to documentation - things which I wish I'd done
more often but haven't. I'm grateful for their efforts, and we all want
SocketStream to progress, so it's right that they be in a position to do
that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Paul Jensen

Wylie JoshuaCullick

Jan 11, 2015, 9:55:08 AM1/11/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
I'd never heard of this protocol but reading about it at
and it seems quite interesting.  I'm in no position to answer your design/architecture questions at the moment, aside from the idea that it should be implemented as module (not in the core), as generally this seems to be the direction we are taking with respect to most features.