Socketstream behind mod_proxy

Martin Špirk

Apr 21, 2015, 8:17:37 AM4/21/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I would like to run SocketStream application behind mod_proxy (apache).
I redirect root like http://myweb.cz/potral => http://myapp.cz, the application is loaded well, but
request for assets http://myweb.cz/_serveDev fails. Is there any solution of this problem? I might
redirect _serveDev quite painlessly, but statics like /css are more complicated...

Thanks, Martin

Paul Jensen

May 13, 2015, 7:08:06 PM5/13/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

I would recommend running your SocketStream app in production mode by setting this environment variable when running the app:

SS_ENV=production

By doing that, the assets should be compiled and served as the minified assets, rather than through _serveDev (which is for requesting assets being worked in in development).

Let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

Paul Jensen

Martin Špirk

May 14, 2015, 3:59:28 AM5/14/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for advice.

I still didn't try it, because it probably doesn't solve whole problem. I wrote about /_serveDev as an example,
but the same problem is with static assets dir which leads to /css, /js, /fonts etc. These dirs are even more problematic, while /_serveDev I can eventually
additionally redirect in mod_proxy, these will more likely conflict with same dirs on apache server.

When you mention production mode, I had another problem with it - I tried it, i generates approximatelly half size of transmitted data, though
the application start takes about twice longer time. That's the reason why I didn't turn production mode on....

Martin