New deprecated messages from embedded connect package

Klaus Baumecker

Nov 6, 2014, 9:05:49 AM11/6/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com
After updating (remove node_modules and npm install), I see new messages from the embedded connect package like this:

connect deprecated multipart: use parser (multiparty, busboy, formidable) npm module instead node_modules\socketstream\node_modules\connect\lib\middleware\bodyParser.js:56:20

connect deprecated limit: Restrict request size at location of read node_modules\socketstream\node_modules\connect\lib\middleware\multipart.js:86:15

I though these message are related to version 3 connect, but socketstream uses connect 2.x.

Any ideas how to fix this?

/klaus

Paul Jensen

Nov 6, 2014, 4:55:14 PM11/6/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Klaus,

Are you using any connect middleware in your SocketStream, in addition to the vanilla SocketStream setup? I had to include the body-parser npm module in Dashku to replace my use of connect's body-parsing middleware.
Message has been deleted

Klaus Baumecker

Nov 12, 2014, 2:08:58 AM11/12/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,

I'm using connect-route (0.1.4). I thought it's coming from there, but it has no further dependencies.
Are there any plans to upgrade to a newer connect version anyway?

/klaus

Paul Jensen

Nov 12, 2014, 2:12:53 AM11/12/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com

Hi Klaus,

Yes, in fact my company is going to pay for some work to be done specifically on upgrading both connect, and engine.io. I just need to get into specing the work, and getting it over to Joshua to implement.

The reason to do the initial upgrade of connect was because the version of connect used in socketstream had a security vulnerability.

Klaus Baumecker

Dec 8, 2014, 8:53:33 AM12/8/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

sounds good.
I just learned that the new socket.io (1.x) is now built also on engine.io. So does this mean socketstream is making use of the current socket.io module?

Regards,
klaus