running URL /app on nginx

sv savage

Dec 29, 2014, 11:28:08 PM12/29/14
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am new to socketstream.  I want to run nginx for static and socketstream at /app, but I have to add a location and proxy for _serveDev, engine.io/default in the nginx config.  How do I use a non /  URL for the app?  With only one proxy or modify the request?

shaun

Henrik Vendelbo

Apr 12, 2015, 2:52:13 PM4/12/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about running via nginx in production or development ?

Paul Jensen

May 13, 2015, 6:49:25 PM5/13/15
to socket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaun,

The way to do that is 1) run your app in preduction mode (pass SS_ENV=production node app.js, as _serveDev is used when running in development mode).

2) Setup your SocketStream app to server a client at /app. I will dig out how to do this.

Apologies for taking so long to respond to this, I have been under a rock (a client and book-shaped one). The good news is that the client work is wrapping up and so I will be more active on the project.

Regards,

Paul Jensen