Socket.io dying?

utan

Oct 26, 2013, 12:38:30 PM10/26/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,

I am all worried ,  what's the status of socket.io anyone knows?

Guillermo Rauch

Oct 26, 2013, 12:52:39 PM10/26/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com

Please watch master on GitHub in the upcoming days for some big updates. I already have all the tests for 1.0 passing again :)

On Oct 26, 2013 12:38 PM, "utan" <vcompu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok,

I am all worried ,  what's the status of socket.io anyone knows?

Elvio Rogelio Toccalino

Oct 26, 2013, 2:15:39 PM10/26/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Guille, do you think somebody at LearnBoost or the core devs for socket.io could leak a short status update from time to time? There's quite a large userbase for socket.io by now, and some of us wonder about the health of the project, just like utan did just now.

Looking forward to the new changes :)

Elvio

Filipe

Oct 26, 2013, 7:55:41 PM10/26/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Great news, thanks! :)

utan

Dec 3, 2013, 3:23:33 PM12/3/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
@Gille,

You said when you replied that we should check the project git.. but there isn't any movement..
I have seen updates in engine.io ....

So what is really happening?

Guillermo Rauch

Dec 3, 2013, 3:52:43 PM12/3/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
We still need to land a few new bugfixes to engine.io, and the CI testing branch. The new testing suite backed by Sauce Labs revealed a few key issues on IE6-9. Please stay tuned.

Guillermo Rauch

utan

Dec 3, 2013, 4:14:47 PM12/3/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
@Guille,

Thanks for your update.. appreciate your hard work.

kaikomai

Dec 10, 2013, 9:05:24 PM12/10/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
I can't wait for 1.0! I've been waiting to upgrade for a year now. Thanks.

Guillermo Rauch

Dec 10, 2013, 10:12:53 PM12/10/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Been working on closing some PRs and applying a few others to engine.io to prepare for the big push. More updates coming!