Problem with multiple sockets on reconnect

Ulrik Sorber

Aug 12, 2013, 12:47:53 PM8/12/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This problem seems to have persisted for a long time.
And I have not been able to find a solution though there are a lot of creative suggestions to remedy this problem, from maintaining the the socket list via. socket.id or by keeping track of the time stamps on each request.
Anyhow, since this is a known and pretty annoying bug. will it be fixed?
Or is there a reasonable workaround that can be applied?

/Ulrik

mark

Aug 12, 2013, 4:00:30 PM8/12/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
There are many other issues with reconnects, and after applying more and more bugfixes to socket.io 0.9.x (you can see some of the recent pull requests) I came to the conclusion it would be easier to just use engine.io.

Ulrik Sorber

Aug 12, 2013, 5:56:37 PM8/12/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ill have to check engine.io out. This reconnection issue is a complete show stopper.

Thanks for the tip.

/Ulrik

Filipe

Aug 13, 2013, 6:54:34 PM8/13/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
What is the multiple socket problem? Curious

Ulrik Sorber

Aug 14, 2013, 1:10:32 PM8/14/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
What is the multiple socket problem? Curious

The problem occurs when you kill the server and restart it again within seconds.
When this happens, socket.io often reconnects multiple times, before the client side disconnect event is fired, which prevents me from handling and correcting the problem my self.
After this, all messages are multiplied.

Any clues?

/Ulrik

Ulrik Sorber

Aug 17, 2013, 3:51:07 PM8/17/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
FUI
After having updated chrome to Version 30.0.1599.10 dev-m i don't see any problems with multiple connections on reconnects anymore.
I can't tell if this is related to the latest chrome changes.
I also changed the emitters functions to using references instead of anonymous functions.
All in all i can't tell why the problem has suddenly disapeared :-/ but it seems to work correctly

/Ulrik