what file to serve socket-client ver1

utan

Feb 23, 2014, 2:04:12 AM2/23/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Anyone knows?
The one i am serving is the socket.io ver1 client but i am not sure is the correct one..

When server stops used to be fired in client in socket.io v 0.9 , version v1 doesnt in my test bed..

Any thoughts.

utan

Mar 1, 2014, 1:16:48 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
So any help, or reall google groups isn't the best place to post questions about socket.io's new version?

Guillermo Rauch

Mar 1, 2014, 1:17:53 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
It's the same as before. `/socket.io/socket.io.js`, or use the `socket.io-client.js` file from the socket.io-client repository.

Guillermo Rauch (@rauchg)

utan

Mar 1, 2014, 7:42:35 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,

I tried socket.io-client in your repository and my app is going in a loop, use the previous on client and works fine but I don't have disconnect event when server go offline...
both files are tagged with 0.9.11 / 2012-11-02 and totally confused with the files...

can you clarify please?

utan

Mar 1, 2014, 7:49:34 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
is this the correct socket.io ver1 https://github.com/learnboost/socket.io/tree/1.0?
I am confused really , last commit was a year ago...

A bit of clarification would be could, because https://github.com/learnboost/socket.io/tree/master cuz master was updated 7 hours ago from this post..

Guillermo Rauch

Mar 1, 2014, 10:28:46 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore that branch. `master` is 1.0

Guillermo Rauch (@rauchg)

utan

Mar 1, 2014, 11:15:46 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
How do you install it?

Its already published on npm?

I am more confused I thought master was socket.io

0.9.14 / 2013-03-29

or something?

Ok.. I don't know what to do now..if I do npm install socket.io I would be installing ver1 ? please answer that question totally lost here...

utan

Mar 1, 2014, 11:48:25 PM3/1/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,

I have installed from master but now I get the following error:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://domain.com:8080/socket.io/?EIO=2&transport=polling&sid=dCh-xqamHAgte3-JAAAY. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://domain.com' is therefore not allowed access.

that above is in chrome , but in firefox just loops like so ?EIO=2&transport=polling&sid=dCh-xqamHAgte3-JAAAY ...

what's up with the origin? it's same domain just different port than 80.

utan

Mar 2, 2014, 12:59:44 PM3/2/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,
I have reverted back to ver 1 repository and i dont get the error of same origin i get from master socket.io..

I have even tried socket.io 0.9.14 with same code and setup i use that gets me the origin error, and i dont have the error at all. So i think something changed in the master repository that isnt liking my code..

Any help please.

utan

Mar 3, 2014, 2:10:33 PM3/3/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Some help, pointers would do.. please.

Guillermo Rauch

Mar 3, 2014, 3:07:17 PM3/3/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Have you looked at the chat example under examples/ ? Clone the socket.io repo from `master`, and follow the instructions in the Readme of the chat example.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM, utan <vcompu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some help, pointers would do.. please.

Guillermo Rauch (@rauchg)

utan

Mar 3, 2014, 9:28:08 PM3/3/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,
I ll check and come back after checking.

utan

Mar 4, 2014, 12:30:11 AM3/4/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Thanks @Guille,

Your chat example works, but I have a bit lay out a little bit differently my application..

For starters I'm not serving my document with Node, I have a traditional  Apache server and a php document., I connect as follow..

Users click the link this goes to /app.php served by Apache then var socket = io('http://domain.com:8080');

The document is the same origin , http://domain.com , so there shouldn't have same domain police problems...

Now with socket.io 0.9.14 and even the socket,io v1 repository that I installed to start the code works fine, it just doesn't fire a disconnect when the server is off.

Using master socket.io I have the problem with Origin now , reading all this can you point me in the right direction , because I don't think we are forced to server the pages by
Node with the new version, or it's something you didn't plan to implement...

Maybe am old school but I see Apache a traditional to server pages that's old.. should I now wrap around my head in to code Nodes only way now?

thanks for kind responses so far..

Guillermo Rauch

Mar 4, 2014, 3:25:33 AM3/4/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
There was an issue with the `disconnect` event. If you check out the latest stuff everything should work fine, including reconnection.

Guillermo Rauch (@rauchg)

utan

Mar 4, 2014, 9:41:38 AM3/4/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
In my ubuntu server it doesnt fire at all..
Can you suggest something for the origin error?

utan

Mar 5, 2014, 2:46:27 PM3/5/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com

utan