'authorization' socket.io ver1

utan

Jan 4, 2014, 4:38:57 PM1/4/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Anyone has an example of set('authorization') in socket.io ver1, I can't seems to find anything.. I am looking for the handshake authorization...

help appreciated.

utan

Jan 4, 2014, 6:53:41 PM1/4/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
@Guillermo,

If you see this, can you point to some examples. or did the Api changed a lot...

regards

utan

Jan 8, 2014, 1:32:18 PM1/8/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
bumping,

I know is new and is not even released but someone that has played with it, can step up and give me a little help..

regards.

Guillermo Rauch

Jan 8, 2014, 1:36:21 PM1/8/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
The best way to handle this is with middleware now. It's a much cleaner way, and allows you to pass `error` without `connect` firing at all.

See `Socket#use`, or check out the tests for examples. More documentation coming soon.

Guillermo Rauch

utan

Jan 8, 2014, 1:41:25 PM1/8/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Ok,

But isn't there any way to inspect cookies in the header of the client with ver 1?

I am waiting for the release but wanted to get some work done before released...

What other middleware do you suggest?

thanks

Guillermo Rauch

Jan 8, 2014, 1:43:17 PM1/8/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
socket.request.headers should get you all the data.

`socket.request` points to the request that originated the socket.

utan

Jan 8, 2014, 1:46:39 PM1/8/14
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Excellent,