Still alive?

Stefano Pongelli

Aug 18, 2013, 7:30:02 PM8/18/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Latest merge for 1.0 was 7 months ago, what is going on?

I was looking for a way to emit to multiple rooms, looking at the source it seems that is possible with 1.0 but not with the current 0.9.16, correct?

utan

Aug 18, 2013, 10:13:27 PM8/18/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Pardon my ignorance, I am not really savvy but wouldn't saving the room names in an object and or array and looping tru them will emit to all the rooms you want to broadcast messages to?

If you are looking for an inbuilt function then that's another history..

regards utan

Stefano Pongelli

Aug 19, 2013, 2:12:23 AM8/19/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
Yes, yes I can do that, indeed. It is not optimal though, and I was looking for an inbuilt function :)

It seems 1.0 uses an array of rooms, while 0.9.16 uses a flag (single room).

What is the deal with 1.0? Is it still maintained?

utan

Aug 19, 2013, 2:46:54 AM8/19/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
I don't know either what's going on with socket.io v1 , I guess gille is busy doing other things I tried as it is but can't get to work just connects and that's it..
I don't know what file to serve in client side... so I stopped working on it..

Ulrik Sorber

Aug 19, 2013, 9:05:33 AM8/19/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
If you want to emit to all sockets you could try: ( From https://github.com/LearnBoost/socket.io/wiki/Rooms )

Emitting an event to all clients

io.sockets.emit('event_name', data)

/Ulrik

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Stefano Pongelli <stefano....@gmail.com> wrote:
Latest merge for 1.0 was 7 months ago, what is going on?

I was looking for a way to emit to multiple rooms, looking at the source it seems that is possible with 1.0 but not with the current 0.9.16, correct?

cendrizzi

Aug 19, 2013, 6:09:45 PM8/19/13
to sock...@googlegroups.com
To your original post though it would instill A LOT more confidence if we had more updates going on about this project. I know 1.0 is a big change but it's progress is seemingly very slow and not at all open.